News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

SC serial killer blamed for 4 deaths in 6 days

Started by jimmy olsen, July 03, 2009, 12:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Hunter, No!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5im79T95cXdhCPB5JETCLpoGL9MDwD9973K383
QuoteSC serial killer blamed for 4 deaths in 6 days

By MITCH WEISS – 38 minutes ago

GAFFNEY, S.C. (AP) — Authorities in South Carolina say they're looking for a serial killer they believe has shot four people to death within 10 miles of each other over the past six days.

Cherokee County Coroner Dennis Fowler says the latest victim was 48-year-old Stephen Tyler, who was shot to death at his furniture store in Gaffney around closing time Thursday. His 15-year-old daughter was shot and badly injured.

Sheriff Bill Blanton said Friday that authorities have evidence linking the latest killing to the shooting deaths of an 83-year-old mother and her daughter on Wednesday and a 63-year-old peach farmer on Saturday.

He wouldn't detail how authorities made the link, but called the suspect a serial killer. Gaffney is about 50 miles west of Charlotte, N.C.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Sounds more like a spree killer.  Serial killers tend to have some downtime between attacks.  Also they tend to attack one person at a time of a specific type.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

What kind of weapon, what were the ranges, what were the angles, what kind of ammo (national match, military grade, off the counter), what link is there between the targets (race, religion, ethnicity, politics, sexual orientation, etc.), time and distance between engagements, etc, etc.

Too many questions, no answers.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Weatherman

Quote from: Siege on July 03, 2009, 09:48:49 PM
What kind of weapon, what were the ranges, what were the angles, what kind of ammo (national match, military grade, off the counter), what link is there between the targets (race, religion, ethnicity, politics, sexual orientation, etc.), time and distance between engagements, etc, etc.

Too many questions, no answers.

Serial killer in training right here!

Phillip V

Strix

They had a girl go missing in Myrtle Beach from Western NY. I wonder if she might have been an earlier victim?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Caliga

Quote from: Strix on July 04, 2009, 05:03:02 PM
They had a girl go missing in Myrtle Beach from Western NY. I wonder if she might have been an earlier victim?
Oh yeah, forgot about that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Neil

Quote from: Korea on July 04, 2009, 08:09:19 PM
:shifty:
You'd make a terrible serial killer.  And I don't get a Homolka vibe off of you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Weatherman

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 05, 2009, 07:15:49 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 04, 2009, 09:36:29 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 04, 2009, 08:12:17 PM
Quote from: Korea on July 04, 2009, 08:09:19 PM
:shifty:
You'd make a terrible serial killer.  And I don't get a Homolka vibe off of you.
Homolka?

I still want a copy of their tapes.
Well, thanks to creative handling of the evidence, the copies exist.  How to get a hold of one, that's up to you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

KRonn

Pretty scary stuff; sad for those killed and families.  :(

Tonitrus

Fin.

QuoteSouth Carolina Police Say Man Killed in North Carolina is Spree Killer

Monday , July 06, 2009

AP

GAFFNEY, S.C. —
A man suspected of killing five people and terrorizing a South Carolina community was shot to death Monday by police investigating a burglary complaint at a home 30 miles away.

Authorities identified the suspect Monday night as 41-year-old Patrick Tracy Burris. They say bullets in the gun found on Burris after he was killed by police in Gastonia, N.C., matched those used to kill residents in and around Gaffney some 30 miles away.

Authorities did not immediately say where Burris was from.

"We have him. He's our serial killer," Dolan said Monday night.

Authorities said Burris has had several encounters with law enforcement over the years.

Dolan said the physical evidence leaves no doubt the slain suspect was the person who shot five people to death over six days. But investigators still have no idea why he started the killing spree June 27.

"He was unpredictable. He was scary. He was weird," Dolan said.

The case came to an end in Gastonia early Monday after a couple called police to report a suspicious sport utility vehicle in their neighborhood.

Mike and Terri Valentine were on edge because the Gaffney serial killer was just a short drive away.

They watched two people who sometimes visit the neighboring home get out of the vehicle, followed by a third man who matched the descriptell "put it down" and heard a gunshot.

Then "bam, bam, bam, bam. Next thing I know, all of Gaston County was here," she said.

Gaston County police said the other two people were in custody, but did not indicate whether they were facing charges.

The Gaffney killings happened in a 10-mile area over six days. A peach farmer was killed June 27, an 83-year-old woman and her daughter were found bound and shot four days later, and the next day a father and his teen daughter were shot in their family's furniture store.

SLED Chief Reggie Lloyd said the investigation isn't over, and Cherokee County Sheriff Bill Blanton said investigators will trace the suspect's recent activities and trying to figure out if he has killed other people in other places.

Blanton said he hopes the arrest calms the fears of 54,000 people in the county 50 miles west of Charlotte, N.C., known for its peach orchards and mills.

"We feel the victims' pain," Blanton said. "This isn't over. We're just changing gears."