Officials identify suspect in NY/NJ bombings: 28-year-old Ahmad Khan Rahami

Started by garbon, September 19, 2016, 06:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Okay Muslim/Aghan connection now likely established so I guess worthy of a thread.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/19/nyc-mayor-names-ahmad-khan-rahami-28-of-new-jersey-as-bombing-suspect.html

QuoteMultiple senior law enforcement officials and a New York Police Department spokesperson told NBC News on Monday that they looking for Ahmad Khan Rahami, a 28 year old male from Elizabeth, N.J., for his suspected role in the bombings that have occurred over the last three days in New York and New Jersey.

Sources told NBC News that Rahami is the man seen on the video on 23rd street and 27th Street in Manhattan.

This attack strikes me as a bit curious as it doesn't seem like it was aimed to kill? Surely he'd know putting it in a dumpster would limit the impact?

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Arrests have been made.

QuoteThe FBI took five people with possible links to the Chelsea explosion into custody Sunday night in Brooklyn as authorities shut down a busy New Jersey rail station after finding multiple pipe bombs in a garbage can, police and New Jersey officials said.

The weekend trail of terror continued along the Belt Parkway where federal agents nabbed several people of interest with a weapons stash inside an SUV, according to law enforcement sources.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/federal-agents-arrest-people-linked-chelsea-bombing-article-1.2797378?cid=bitly
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 19, 2016, 06:49:10 AM
Okay Muslim/Aghan connection now likely established so I guess worthy of a thread.

How dare you suggest this has anything to do with Islam?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 19, 2016, 08:24:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 19, 2016, 06:49:10 AM

How dare you suggest this has anything to do with Islam?

You are pulling your old lady trying to overhear a conversation trick again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Only in New York City can someone find a suitcase bomb, remove the bomb and steal the suitcase.  #BobAndCedric

derspiess

This one's weird.  Three explosions and nobody has been killed?  Have there been any injuries?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

QuoteHe is about 5'6'' tall and weights approximately 200 pounds.

Fattest terrorist ever.

By the way, why did De Blasio refuse to call it terrorism? Is it only because he is a moron or is there another reason?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2016, 08:48:00 AM
This one's weird.  Three explosions and nobody has been killed?  Have there been any injuries?

I didn't know there was a mandatory KIA requirement in order for bombs to still be bombs. 

Is there some sort of online competency-based certification available?

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 19, 2016, 08:53:01 AM

I didn't know there was a mandatory KIA requirement in order for bombs to still be bombs. 

Is there some sort of online competency-based certification available?

Probably will have his National Bombmaker's Association membership revoked.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 19, 2016, 08:55:03 AM
Probably will have his National Bombmaker's Association membership revoked.

Bombing crime scene forensics are good enoigh as it is, but an unexploded bomb?  might as well leave your drivers license.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on September 19, 2016, 08:50:24 AM
By the way, why did De Blasio refuse to call it terrorism? Is it only because he is a moron or is there another reason?
Probably afraid it would cause panic or something.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Legbiter

Not for lack of trying. But by the grace of God, not even ISIS is sending it's best and brightest.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

Because there was no indication it was terrorism or of any links between the NJ bombing and the NY one before this morning.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I'm actually surprised it hasn't been done more.  They get most of the chaos and media attention with far less chance of getting caught or having their plans disrupted.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on September 19, 2016, 09:46:45 AM
Because there was no indication it was terrorism or of any links between the NJ bombing and the NY one before this morning.

People like to jump ahead straight to motive.  It's easier that way.