Started by Queequeg, September 16, 2016, 04:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 03, 2016, 05:49:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2016, 05:40:36 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 03, 2016, 04:44:58 PM
All Jews left = no Jews left?

Should be filed under "Get Out"

Antisemitism actually wasn't much of a thing in Georgia. The main push factors were political instability and economic collapse until the mid-2000s. There are some left in Tbilisi.

Well, there are a lot of Nazis there.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Haven't most Adjarian Muslims abandoned the heathen Muslim religion for the light of Orthodoxy?

Also, thanks for the advice! Khatchipuri house is indeed mediocre.  I haven't run into any other Westerners yet, which I find odd.  I might be the only one left?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

How in Fuck's name are we both in Ozurgeti? What in the fuck are the odds on that?
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

GC, want to be Facebookf friends?

Queequeg

DID YOU STAY WITH TOMA?  ARE YOU THE HORNY ONE WHO RAN OUT WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND ALL THE TIME!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Guess he can't handle the Georgian alcohol :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Queequeg

Oh, I'm sober. Just incredibly surprised.  This is a town of 20k and someone else on Languish has worked here.

garbon

I think the fact that Cal and I lived in the same townof 35k at the same time is more surprising than that two people both lived at some point in a town that has several established programs for adrift foreigners.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on October 03, 2016, 07:34:15 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 03, 2016, 05:17:45 AM
Good luck!

I hope you manage to get your students into national English tournaments like I have!

Are there national foreign language tournaments anywhere else than in Korea?
Japan has them.
They're the stupidest things in the world.
██████
██████
██████

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Queequeg on October 04, 2016, 01:52:52 AM
Haven't most Adjarian Muslims abandoned the heathen Muslim religion for the light of Orthodoxy?

Also, thanks for the advice! Khatchipuri house is indeed mediocre.  I haven't run into any other Westerners yet, which I find odd.  I might be the only one left?

In 1991, it was more the case that Adjara had become less Muslim due to migration. There has been a large wave of conversions since, especially among the younger population, but Keda and Khulo are still mostly Muslim.

I can't imagine that you're the only one. 3 years ago, there were Peace Corps, TLG, and European Voluntary Service people there. If EVS is still there, they might still be working at the Euro 2000 Centre in the building just north of the central church (labeled 'Guriis Moambe' on Google Maps). The people at the Educational Resource Centre might also be able to connect you with the Peace Corps.

Quote from: Queequeg on October 04, 2016, 02:00:33 AM
GC, want to be Facebookf friends?

Sure.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Syt

Why is there no Georgian election mega thread yet, considering that the vote is tomorrow?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 07, 2016, 11:20:04 AM
Why is there no Georgian election mega thread yet, considering that the vote is tomorrow?

Is George the Magnificent running? I think he has good branding.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."