News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

8 Years Ago Yesterday

Started by Martinus, September 16, 2016, 01:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Lehman Brothers announced bankruptcy.

Can you believe we are still not out of this shit?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 01:27:18 PM
Lehman Brothers announced bankruptcy.

Can you believe we are still not out of this shit?

Probably what people were saying in 1937.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

I don't think we are ever going back to the 2007 situation. The current situation is normal and will continue to be so till the next major change.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 16, 2016, 01:30:45 PM
I don't think we are ever going back to the 2007 situation.

I certainly know I'm not.

Admiral Yi

"This shit" would have to be defined pretty broadly for us to be considered to still be in it.

Martinus

I don't think we are ever going back to the 2007 situation. The current situation is normal and will continue to be so till the next major change.

Yeah. It's the new normal.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2016, 02:17:47 PM
"This shit" would have to be defined pretty broadly for us to be considered to still be in it.

Translation: LOL, suckers

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 02:18:51 PM

You might need to explain a bit more. I don't see how the new normal is that much different from the old normal. What fundamentally shifted in 2007?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

LaCroix

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2016, 02:21:13 PM

You might need to explain a bit more. I don't see how the new normal is that much different from the old normal. What fundamentally shifted in 2007?

Crazy low interest rates yet with low growth?

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 16, 2016, 02:52:20 PM
Crazy low interest rates yet with low growth?

Ah. I thought that started with the 2000 dot come crash. But understood. Yeah I don't know when anybody plans on upping interest rates.

Martinus

The M&A market and legal services market are completely different, at least. The rates never recovered.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 02:58:03 PM

The M&A market and legal services market are completely different, at least. The rates never recovered.

Same in my business. Wages and number of projects are way down. There's been a polarization of the market, actually, you are either a big shot earning shitloads or a bottom-feeder working for peanuts. The "midmarket" of Spanish TV/film is all but gone.

Zanza

Same in my industry - automotive in Europe never recovered from the financial crisis and sales numbers are still like 15% below the peak reached in 2007.