8 (18.2%)
Colin who?
12 (27.3%)
An overrated option QB:  NCAA legs, no NFL arm
5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 43

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2016, 08:13:19 AM
Well you guys are certainly free to disagree with me. I am just running out of patience with the 'Occupy Wallstreet' form of political action. Yeah so we talk about stuff. What next?

I agree with you about the "Occupy wall Street" form of political action, but am baffled as to why you'd bring it up in conjunction with what Kaepernick is doing.  they seem to me to be like apples and oranges.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on September 16, 2016, 09:29:15 AM
So Kaep with his $126 million contract and relatively privileged upbringing is the new Rosa Parks??   Good one, Berkut :lol:

I needed an example of a strawman argument for my class.  Thanks for providing a such an obvious one.   :thumbsup:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on September 16, 2016, 10:36:21 AM
Funny thing is it wasn't *that* long ago he was attracting attention for his Christian bible verse tattoos: http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2013/january/tattooed-49ers-qb-not-only-controversial-christian-in-2013.html

Now he's suddenly switched gears and has become a muslim, sporting Malcom X hats/Castro shirts/"cops are pigs" socks, and won't stand for the anthem.

You went full Raz.  Never go full Raz.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 11:05:09 AM
Castro shirts probably qualify too

Seems like he is an attention seeking douchebag.

Yep.  No one has ever worn a Castro shirt before.  Besides, he wear shoes, too, and everyone who wears shoes is an attention-seeking douchebag.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: dps on September 16, 2016, 11:06:53 AM
Before his protest, I didn't know that he was part black.  I knew that he was multi-racial, but I thought that he was part white and part Pacific islander.

Same here.  It never seemed significant.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2016, 08:13:19 AM
Well you guys are certainly free to disagree with me. I am just running out of patience with the 'Occupy Wallstreet' form of political action. Yeah so we talk about stuff. What next?

No kidding, right?  I was just saying the other day how nobody takes the time to learn how to make bombs anymore.

Valmy

Ok probably best for me to shut up now before some police station is on fire with 'Valmy told us to' scrawled on the wall in blood.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2016, 07:58:34 AM
White Americans have unreserved praise about the US?  :blink:

Or Bill Maher for that matter.

Eddie Teach

I don't think anyone has unreserved praise for Bill Maher.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fromtia

Apologies if this has already been brought up. Why do we have to play the national anthem at sporting events and why does everybody have to stand up? Serious question.

"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

LaCroix

because citizenship requires military service, civilian

Habbaku

Quote from: derspiess on September 16, 2016, 10:36:21 AM
Now he's suddenly switched gears and has become a muslim

:wacko: Kaepernick isn't a Muslim.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: fromtia on September 17, 2016, 12:45:45 PM
Apologies if this has already been brought up. Why do we have to play the national anthem at sporting events and why does everybody have to stand up? Serious question.

Hey have you heard about Google?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fromtia

Quote from: LaCroix on September 17, 2016, 12:51:19 PM
because citizenship requires military service, civilian

The Roger Young deployed without you.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.