A douchebag
8 (18.2%)
Colin who?
12 (27.3%)
An overrated option QB:  NCAA legs, no NFL arm
5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 43

The Larch

The better question would be why they play the US national anthem before sport games.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on September 15, 2016, 03:57:04 AM
The better question would be why they play the US national anthem before sport games.

That's not really a great question. Google can answer that for you. Also, patriotism (nationalism?) isn't seen as a negative in America.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

its the only way to keep the commies at bay
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on September 15, 2016, 04:03:07 AM

Yeah it's like church bells and faeries.

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on September 15, 2016, 04:45:08 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 15, 2016, 04:03:07 AM

Yeah it's like church bells and faeries.
gay people are afraid of bells? Oh wait, gotcha, the fairies with wings.

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 15, 2016, 12:46:01 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 14, 2016, 05:38:28 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 14, 2016, 05:21:55 PM
I guess I should unsubscribe from the O'Reilly Factor then. :(

Why are you subscribed to the O'Reilly Factor?

I like Bill O'Reilly. Him and Bill Maher are my two main sources on American politics.

That is so sad.

I think it may shock white Americans, but I don't think blacks Americans have unreserved praise for the US.  I imagine that Jews don't have reserved praised for Russia either.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

White Americans have unreserved praise about the US?  :blink:

Actually polls show black and Latino Americans are more likely to be optimistic about the US than White Americans, who generally shit all over it as DOOOOMED.

I used to really like O'Reilly but I eventually gave up on him as a pandering blow hard. Which was a pity since he seemed to really try to be rational and reasonable at first.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Eh, just my personal experience.  I'm not about to lecture a black guy on how he should feel about a country that enslaved his ancestors.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Well there was this thing called World War II and...wait a second...Europeans invented both national anthems and playing them at sporting events. Maybe the better question would be who decided to play them at the World Cup and Olympics?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2016, 08:08:30 AM
Eh, just my personal experience.  I'm not about to lecture a black guy on how he should feel about a country that enslaved his ancestors.

This is bizarre thinking.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2016, 08:08:30 AM

I don't think it is really about that.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2016, 08:15:50 AM

Well there was this thing called World War II and...wait a second...Europeans invented both national anthems and playing them at sporting events. Maybe the better question would be who decided to play them at the World Cup and Olympics?

When it's the national team playing sure, it's suitable, but in a regular league game between clubs? What's the point?

Berkut

No matter what you think about him, his protest has had the best possible effect from his perspective. It has raised awareness of the issue, forced people to start talking about it, and triggered a wave of similar protests among his peers.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 15, 2016, 08:26:35 AM
No matter what you think about him, his protest has had the best possible effect from his perspective. It has raised awareness of the issue, forced people to start talking about it, and triggered a wave of similar protests among his peers.

Sad that that is the best possible effect. I would hope the best possible effect would be actual reforms.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2016, 08:29:54 AM
Quote from: Berkut on September 15, 2016, 08:26:35 AM

Sad that that is the best possible effect. I would hope the best possible effect would be actual reforms.

:yes:

I stand with you with what you said earlier too. Besides it isn't like in the last couple years that this issue hasn't come to the forefront of discussion/coverage by media.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.