News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who the hell is Gerry Manderling?

Started by Josquius, September 12, 2016, 11:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2016, 10:52:11 AM

The current one, as of last month, is 25 and inherited property holdings worth £9 billion.

Good work if you can get it.

Ok that is an awesome beer label.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Gups on September 13, 2016, 08:46:28 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 13, 2016, 08:27:08 AM
Yeah, no real differences, other than the fact that one is rural and the other is urban and those two areas often have largely different concerns.

What's that got to do with what I said? . Tyr is contending that parliamentary constituencies boundaries should be drawn around communities. He thinks rural constituencies represent communities but urban ones do not. I disagree. North Wiltshire is no more of a "community" than is East Ham. In fact rather less so.

I was commenting on your statement that with few exceptions " I don't think there's any real difference between rural and urban constituencies".   I am not sure how on can ignore the obvious differences.

Gups

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 14, 2016, 08:52:28 AM
Yeah, no real differences, other than the fact that one is rural and the other is urban and those two areas often have largely different concerns.

What's that got to do with what I said? . Tyr is contending that parliamentary constituencies boundaries should be drawn around communities. He thinks rural constituencies represent communities but urban ones do not. I disagree. North Wiltshire is no more of a "community" than is East Ham. In fact rather less so.

I was commenting on your statement that with few exceptions " I don't think there's any real difference between rural and urban constituencies".   I am not sure how on can ignore the obvious differences.

I quoted the relevant part of Tyr's post I was responding to, so that the context was obvious. I'm sorry that passed you by.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Gups on September 14, 2016, 10:04:43 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 14, 2016, 08:52:28 AM

I quoted the relevant part of Tyr's post I was responding to, so that the context was obvious. I'm sorry that passed you by.

I think you are ignoring obvious geographic differences to make your point.   It makes much less sense to group rural towns which likely have nothing in common in the same riding than city neighborhoods which are literally a stones throw away from eachother.