News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

September 11th: 15 years on

Started by CountDeMoney, September 11, 2016, 05:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

:lol:

What's so stupid about it? They wanted to provoke and shock and they clearly got what they wanted. Insensitive and offensive, sure, but not stupid.

Zoupa

You bore me dude.

Go do something else for a while, wontcha?

Martinus

Quote from: Zoupa on September 13, 2016, 02:38:33 AM
You bore me dude.

Go do something else for a while, wontcha?

Why don't you go away instead?

Zoupa

I don't bore half the forum into ignoring my posts but hey. Keep doing you babygirl.

Martinus

Quote from: Zoupa on September 13, 2016, 02:48:24 AM
I don't bore half the forum into ignoring my posts but hey. Keep doing you babygirl.

Yeah, every single post of yours gets so much reaction it's amazing how you do it.  :D

I guess this is you:

Zoupa

garbon

I guess there's the issue. Getting a flood of bored people annoyed isn't the aim of a suitable poster for Languish.  I guess there is a reason that Martin is frequently banned.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

garbon

I'm assuming that was meant to be posted in Facebook follies? Nine One One is not the same as Nine Eleven. Not among English speakers at least.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2016, 05:48:18 AM
I'm assuming that was meant to be posted in Facebook follies? Nine One One is not the same as Nine Eleven. Not among English speakers at least.

Most of them should be able to get the joke, though. Even the Americans.

Speaking of Jimmy Carr, he had another one this year:

QuoteCarr appeared on Comedy Central's Roast of Rob Lowe, which aired in the UK in the early hours of this morning – the 15th anniversary of the tragedy.

The joke, which visibly shocked members of the audience, referenced Saturday Night Live comedian Pete Davidson and his father, a firefighter who sadly died during the 9/11 attacks in 2001.

"I'm appalled that people would come here and make jokes about the sacrifice Pete's heroic father made on 9/11," Carr began. "This is not the roast of Pete Davidson's father. That was in 2001."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on September 13, 2016, 07:28:04 AM

The joke is obvious, well somewhat. Seems to actually lack a joke.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2016, 07:45:12 AM

The only amusing thing about the "joke" is that there are people who actually pretend that they think that it is amusing.  Usually, they cannot tell real humor from the lame, but just laugh when they think others are laughing.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on September 14, 2016, 05:23:20 AM

The only amusing thing about the "joke" is that there are people who actually pretend that they think that it is amusing.  Usually, they cannot tell real humor from the lame, but just laugh when they think others are laughing.

:lol:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Pointing out things that are obvious but never really came to mind for the audience is quite a common part of modern comedy.
It's not the most hilarious joke in the world but it made me smile.
██████
██████
██████