NFL Season Week 1: Still Too Goddamned Hot Out For Concussions

Started by CountDeMoney, September 11, 2016, 09:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2016, 02:04:53 PM
I suppose Stalin made watching WWII interesting, too.

Hard to stretch the rules of a conflict without any :P

But John McGraw made the 1890s Baltimore Orioles interesting...so I hear.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2016, 02:08:36 PM
I wouldn't know.  Did he deflate footballs?

Probably. But not really relevant to his time with the Baltimore Orioles.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Not really relevant to this thread, either.  So stop loving cheaters and hating America.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2016, 01:01:34 PM
Yeah. He makes watching the NFL interesting. God Bless him. I will miss him when he is gone. I do wish he had served his suspension like a man, when you get caught you gotta pay the price.

But I appreciate the effort to brush up against the limits as much as you can. I wish the Redskins were known for that kind of competitive hustle rather than idiotic ownership and racism.

The problem is that Brady didn't get caught doing anything.  The footballs were not deflated.  Goodell fucked Brady over simply because he had to to cover up Goodell's corruption, and because there was nothing anyone could do to stop him, barring the owners replacing him.

To give up six million dollars simply to make someone think you 'a man" is dumb.  not foodell-level dumb, but dumb.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2016, 02:08:36 PM
I wouldn't know.  Did he deflate footballs?

Émile Clapeyron deflated those footballs.  He deflated Indianapolis's footballs, too, but Andrew luck was not suspended.  The only person who illegally deflated footballs was the Indianapolis Colts equipment manager who deflated the football D'Qwell Jackson intercepted, but the Colts were not even criticized for this admitted violation of the rules.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on September 16, 2016, 02:33:15 PM
The problem is that Brady didn't get caught doing anything.

--Defense counsel (Michigan '27),
Judgment at Nuremgrumbler

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2016, 02:50:01 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 16, 2016, 02:33:15 PM
The problem is that Brady didn't get caught doing anything.

--Defense counsel (Michigan '27),
Judgment at Nuremgrumbler

"Hang the nigger Patriot."
"But he didn't do anything."
"Then hang him for being a nigger Patriot."

- To Kill a Moneybird

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney