A deeply troubled victim of her superstitions and prejudices
11 (26.2%)
An evil fraud
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2016, 11:35:48 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2016, 11:31:12 PM
Damn that is one Eastern European looking person.

I read somewhere she was born in the Ottoman Empire.

Well the Serbs liberated her homeland when she was a toddler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Damn, I thought she was white. :P

Support for her from Breitbart: plummetting.  :lol:

HVC

odd she looks Southern European to mee. Might just be the sepia thing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on September 10, 2016, 02:48:50 AM

I agree. She doesn't look Eastern European to me at all. She looks Romanian, Bulgarian or Roma.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2016, 11:35:48 PM

I read somewhere she was born in the Ottoman Empire.

From Wiki:

QuoteBorn    Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu
26 August 1910
Üsküp, Kosovo Vilayet, Ottoman Empire
(modern Skopje, Republic of Macedonia)

She was ethnically Albanian. You guys seem surprised by this, I thought it was pretty well established.

CountDeMoney

[spellus]The hawtest and most bootiful wimmins in the verld[/spellus]

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2016, 04:19:16 AM

I agree. She doesn't look Eastern European to me at all. She looks Romanian, Bulgarian or Roma.

We consider those Eastern European.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 10, 2016, 07:39:52 AM

Just another example of how Marti thinks he's people.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 10, 2016, 07:39:52 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2016, 04:19:16 AM

Yeah. My apologies. Southern Euro. She certainly does not look Polish or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on September 10, 2016, 06:17:13 AM
She was ethnically Albanian. You guys seem surprised by this, I thought it was pretty well established.

Since she is being judged for failing modern western secular values you can see why people might think she was a modern western secular person in someway.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2016, 12:00:25 PM
Quote from: The Larch on September 10, 2016, 06:17:13 AM

Since she is being judged for failing modern western secular values you can see why people might think she was a modern western secular person in someway.

I think it goes deeper.  She fucks up the whole "religion is evil", idea promoted by people like Hitchens.  She must be presented as a monster because otherwise the whole philosophy unravels.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 10, 2016, 12:06:52 PM
I think it goes deeper.  She fucks up the whole "religion is evil", idea promoted by people like Hitchens.  She must be presented as a monster because otherwise the whole philosophy unravels.

I hardly think Hitchens required every single religious person be evil. Granted he is not around to ask anymore.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2016, 12:12:16 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 10, 2016, 12:06:52 PM

I hardly think Hitchens required every single religious person be evil. Granted he is not around to ask anymore.

Don't interrupt the tribal narrative. Hitchens was evil and lacked all sense of nuance and that's all there is to it. He must be presented as a monster or the whole magical thinking philosophy unravels.

Personally, I think Hitchens was just too much in love with his own self-image, which was built around what he saw as telling the unwelcome truth, so he plunged ahead and believed (and I do think he believed; he wasn't trying to fool others) the most absurd "truths" if they were sufficiently "shocking."  His statement along the lines that "it is a matter of record that Mother Teresa was a fanatic and a fraud" shows how far he was deluding himself, because, of course, that wasn't a matter of record at all.  He just assumed that whatever he believed was self-evidently true and "a matter of record," and he lacked the humility and self-awareness to examine his own positions.

Of course, pretty much the exact same thing was true of Mother Teresa and is true of her uncritical defenders, as well.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

You see that?  grumbler went Hitchens there.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2016, 02:44:03 PM
You see that?  grumbler went Hitchens there.
you never go full Hitchens.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.