News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Labor Day

Started by CountDeMoney, September 04, 2016, 07:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Happy Labor Day to all those Languishites out there whose cervices are increasingly dilating prior to delivery.  Remember to breathe and puuuuuush.

Sophie Scholl

I will be celebrating by... working. <_<  At least I get holiday pay.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 04, 2016, 07:22:54 PM
I will be celebrating by... working. <_<  At least I get holiday pay.

I lose 8 hours.  :lol:  No tickey, no laundry.

Ed Anger

I don't get my trash picked up tomorrow.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I'm sure somebody, somewhere in the Anger household is having contractions.

Ed Anger

:lol:

Seriously, I threw out some bad meat. My can smells awful.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I'm in the UK and thus working. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I'm in Spain and thus not working.  :sleep:

Martinus

I'm in Poland and thus working.

Octavian

I'm at work and thus not working
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Josquius

My boss' assistant booked a global meeting today completely not knowing it was an American holiday.  As a result we can't use video conferencing and instead must do it via skype- meaning I can do it from home.
Hurray labor day. It may not be on actual labour day (too communist associated I guess) but yay.
██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

Quote from: Tyr on September 05, 2016, 05:15:12 AM
Hurray labor day. It may not be on actual labour day (too communist associated I guess) but yay.

The Haymarket Square Riot (which had started with May Day Protests) was still a fresh memory when our Labor Day was set.  The government wanted to discourage protests like the one that led up to Haymarket Square and several labor unions didn't want to be associated with bomb throwing anarchists for some reason.

Canadian Labour Day is the same day as US Labor Day.  Our labor movements were (more or less) the same; and a September holiday had been proposed a few times earlier.  I don't  know when they set it.  (Edit:  US was in the aftermath of the Pullman Strike (1894)).
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Grinning_Colossus

You have nothing to lose but your chains.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

CountDeMoney

Awwww, an after-hours baby deposit box! 

For when I need to drop it off the night before so they can take a look at the transmission.

Barrister

Happy Labour Day everyone!

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.