News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Blurred Blue Line

Started by jimmy olsen, September 04, 2016, 06:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: alfred russel on September 05, 2016, 04:44:27 PM

Sure you did. You lived in the Carolinas for a summer. You also apparently read lots of news stories, so you must have come across that before. If nothing else, I know I posted about how when I recently called 911 in the center of Atlanta, I got an "all lines are busy, please stay on the line or you will lose your place in the queue" automated message, and then it took the cop what felt like forever to show up (I don't remember how long).

911 is a joke in Dorsey's town.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on September 05, 2016, 12:10:14 AM

Where did you get this from?
Vigilantism is illegal.
We are talking here about gunz.

Stop with the strawman.

You just posted a graphic saying we should use guns to enforce the law just like we should use fire extinguishers to put out fires :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on September 05, 2016, 12:13:34 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2016, 12:08:58 AM
Let's shut down the courts and just let guns run everything since clearly laws have no impact on anything! Hey that's stupid! So therefore it should be a meme!

WTF,  dude.
No straw man.

Nobody is talking about whatever crazy shit you are saying. Having weapons for self defense is to keep your family safe until the cops get there.

Those 5 minutes last forever when you have armed intruders in your home.

Hey you are the one posting the stupid memes. I was making fun of them.

Why would an armed intruder break into my house? We have no money here, nobody does in the era of electronic money. Our electronics are not particularly valuable and they are not easily portable. And I hope they use those guns in a house full of tear gas because that is the atmosphere they are going to be operating in.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2016, 01:05:31 AM
This thread delivers. :D

Stupid, humorless, lame. Right up your alley!

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on September 05, 2016, 12:13:34 AM
WTF,  dude.
No straw man.

What, you're quitting the forum?  Unless you are, I think arguing that there will be no strawman arguments is asinine.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

You live in a house full of tear gas? Are you an alien?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2016, 05:26:38 PM

No. Pretty sure it would be really expensive to continuously fill your house with tear gas. I intend for it to be temporary only.

Though to be fair I am never going to have a drill so I don't really know what the impact would be of spraying mace on everybody. I just presumed everybody would be incapacitated for a bit.

But you are not an idiot and I already explained exactly what I meant in a previous post so not sure what you are doing here. Trolling?

Anyway the chances of some armed mob charging into my house to murder us is much less than my house being simultaneously leveled by a meteor, earthquake, and a lightning bolt so I think I am alright.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2016, 05:44:46 PM
Anyway the chances of some armed mob charging into my house to murder us is much less than my house being simultaneously leveled by a meteor, earthquake, and a lightning bolt so I think I am alright.

I dunno, man...all those roving bands of rapists down there, and all.  Raping stuff.  With rape sauce.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on September 05, 2016, 04:44:27 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2016, 12:32:07 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2016, 11:17:07 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2016, 08:39:17 PM
Quote from: dps on September 04, 2016, 07:17:56 PM
I'm sure that by next week, he'll come up with some shocking articles that reveal that the sun rises in the east and sets and the west.  And that fire is hot, but water is wet.

Why would the average person not involved with the law know this? When I saw uniformed officers outside a club I just assumed they were sent there by the police department in the interest of keeping the peace. Not that the club hired them and their state sanctioned authority.

So you live in a world it takes forever police to respond to 911 calls and police departments in places are way understaffed, but there is still a cop in front of clubs and plenty of businesses and churches have cops out front to direct traffic. You seriously never put 2 and 2 together?

I didn't live in that world. Not my fault that Rhode Island had it's shit together.

Sure you did. You lived in the Carolinas for a summer. You also apparently read lots of news stories, so you must have come across that before. If nothing else, I know I posted about how when I recently called 911 in the center of Atlanta, I got an "all lines are busy, please stay on the line or you will lose your place in the queue" automated message, and then it took the cop what felt like forever to show up (I don't remember how long).

I felt the cops were very active when I was in the Carolinas, as an out of state college kid going door to door I was hassled by them a few times.

Seeing something on TV or reading it in a newspaper doesn't make it real to me, especially when I knew that crime statistics were plummeting.

I didn't read that thread. Link?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

No. Pretty sure it would be really expensive to continuously fill your house with tear gas. I intend for it to be temporary only.

Though to be fair I am never going to have a drill so I don't really know what the impact would be of spraying mace on everybody. I just presumed everybody would be incapacitated for a bit.

But you are not an idiot and I already explained exactly what I meant in a previous post so not sure what you are doing here. Trolling?

Well someone is clearly a bit whiny.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2016, 06:34:28 PM

Well someone is clearly a bit whiny.
:yes: and it's not Valmy.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Oexmelin

Quote from: Zoupa on September 04, 2016, 10:14:03 PM
I don't understand how this is legal. It seems and sounds crazy.

Also happening in Montreal, btw. Or was, a few years back.
Que le grand cric me croque !

11B4V

Wasn't the first guy to engage the Orlando shooter an off duty cop working security?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on September 05, 2016, 08:33:01 PM
Wasn't the first guy to engage the Orlando shooter an off duty cop working security?

Yeah, but he "retreated", ostensibly to "call for back-up."  Because, like so many off-duty cops working extra gigs, probably figured a bunch of fags aren't worth dying for at $25 an hour.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2016, 08:45:00 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 05, 2016, 08:33:01 PM

Yeah, but he "retreated", ostensibly to "call for back-up."  Because, like so many off-duty cops working extra gigs, probably figured a bunch of fags aren't worth dying for at $25 an hour.

Eh, six of one half a dozen of another.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".