News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How does Facebook see you?

Started by Martinus, August 24, 2016, 02:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I know they're a bit rough around the edges, but new zealanders are still hominids.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grinning_Colossus

Specifically, New Zealanders are Homos. :)
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2016, 02:59:05 PM
If you have a Facebook account, you may be interested in checking what Facebook thinks of you, in terms of ad targeting.

You can go to:

https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences

And check various categories. The "interesting" stuff (where they are categorising your politics, sexual orientation and religion, among other things) is under "Lifestyle and Culture". For me the top 10 are as follows, which apparently means Facebook thinks I'm a GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Republican-Democrat Christian occultist into Cthulhu.  :hmm:

LGBT community
Republican Party (United States)
Democratic Party (United States)
Pride parade
H. P. Lovecraft
Homosexuality
Same-sex marriage
Christianity
Hermeticism

Your link is broken and stupid. So is your post.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Archy

Quote from: dps on August 25, 2016, 04:51:58 PM
Quote from: Archy
Apteryx (what the fuck is it ?)

It's the genus that kiwis are in.
I wonder (another hobby of me apparently)  what adds that will give me. Next 24h kiwi bird sales. Cute pets for your little girl