What do you do about a pigeon with a broken wing?

Started by Martinus, August 25, 2016, 07:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

I went to check on the pigeon. It was gone. There was however one pigeon feather left on the site. :ph34r:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 25, 2016, 11:14:59 AM
I went to check on the pigeon. It was gone. There was however one pigeon feather left on the site. :ph34r:

A clue!

They are on the case
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Hamilcar

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2016, 11:17:49 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 25, 2016, 11:14:59 AM

A clue!

They are on the case

Hahahah excellent reference.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Savonarola

Quote from: Monoriu on August 25, 2016, 08:37:12 AM

:lol:

When I saw this thread title I immediately thought, "Take him home and turn him into a pie, of course."  I had Bastilla for lunch in honor of Marti's pigeon, (though, this being the United States, it was chicken Bastilla, not pigeon.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Oexmelin

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 25, 2016, 03:46:04 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on August 25, 2016, 02:46:11 PM
Did you take this broken wing?

And Learn to Fly again, learn to live so free?

It's a worthwhile pedagogical goal, Mister. 

Que le grand cric me croque !

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

Quote from: Martinus on August 25, 2016, 09:14:23 AM

The pigeon is probably disease-ridden. :P

I am more concerned if it is too old.  The meat on young pigeons is more tender :mmm:

Savonarola

Although, to continue on with the Tom Lehrer theme you could have poisoned him.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney