Zika, drugs, and medals: The Rio Olympics thread

Started by celedhring, July 02, 2016, 04:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on August 21, 2016, 06:53:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2016, 06:47:39 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 21, 2016, 06:04:11 PM
Looking forward to the Paralympics now :w00t:

Those are the retards, right?

No, mental handicapped individuals compete in the special olympics. The paralympics are the "parallel olympics" for people with physical handicaps.

Timmay could compete in both!

celedhring

Spanish weightlifter Lidia Valentín has been awarded a bronze medal from Beijing 2008 after some of her rivals got officially DQed for doping today. She already got awarded a post-facto gold for the same reason after London 2012. She won bronze in Rio, with any luck that will too get turned to silver or gold in a few years...

alfred russel

Quote from: celedhring on August 24, 2016, 12:56:13 PM
Spanish weightlifter Lidia Valentín has been awarded a bronze medal from Beijing 2008 after some of her rivals got officially DQed for doping today. She already got awarded a post-facto gold for the same reason after London 2012. She won bronze in Rio, with any luck that will too get turned to silver or gold in a few years...

It will be awesome, until she gets DQed for doping.

Weightlifting...doping is so good at making you stronger. Of 7 billion people on earth, I'm skeptical the top handful at the Olympics are really clean.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

The good thing about Olympic weightlifting is that everyone gets their turn being a medalist just from a single competition.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on August 24, 2016, 12:56:13 PM

She's also pretty cute for a woman that can snap most of us in half if she wanted to.  :P