News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Gay Men Who Hate Women

Started by garbon, August 21, 2016, 03:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Considering some of the large organizations I've worked for over the years, I always took it as an assumption that--as a sweeping generalization--people already kinda knew that gay men got along much better in working relationships with straight men than with women, lesbians worked better alongside with straight women--and as a straight man, you fucked with the BDM at your peril.

Especially at Shareholder Value, Inc., where they were so big on InclusionTM and DiversityTM to the point that they completely skipped The Black Man and went straight directly somewhere over the rainbow.
Wouldn't see a black person for days, but fags were everywhere. Marti would've loved it. And they were totally passive-aggressive in a Sino-Japanese-relations way about it, too: you'd get emails like "Join us for the Accounts Receivable Pride Meet-and-Greet...this Monday, January 15th!" #MLGay

garbon

With the exception of my current one, I've always gotten on better with my females bosses than my male ones. Of course in my field, most of my coworkers have been women.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2016, 06:47:04 PM
With the exception of my current one, I've always gotten on better with my females bosses than my male ones. Of course in my field, most of my coworkers have been women.

For bosses, though, that's usually a different dynamic for most people. 

Josquius

So.... person complains about men trying to change hiser behaviour by trying to change their behaviour?
Ok then.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

I prefer working in a department/practice area headed by a female boss but I generally prefer collaborating with men (whether at the immediately superior, equal or underling level).

I'm a strong D (extrovert task-oriented) in the DISC analysis and female coworkers usually tend to fall into I (extrovert, people oriented - so nothing ever gets done as everybody just talks) or SC (introvert, people oriented) types (so they micromanage you/need to be micromanaged and coddled). I like to have independence and grant a lot of independence to my underlings - and there is nothing more annoying than if you leave someone to do their work and they miss the deadline because you did not check on them 20 times in between.

Men, on the other hand, tend to be either D (with whom I work perfectly) or C (introverted, task oriented). The other group is also workable as long as I tease them out of their turtle shell and make them stop being afraid of me (they are also managable as bosses as long as you keep your checklists and notes orderly).

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2016, 06:50:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2016, 06:47:04 PM

For bosses, though, that's usually a different dynamic for most people. 

Okay well then I'd go that in a thread about discussing social interactions, bit irrelevant to bring in the narrow bit of how coworkers of different sexes and sexualities get on.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2016, 03:44:58 AMOkay well then I'd go that in a thread about discussing social interactions, bit irrelevant to bring in the narrow bit of how coworkers of different sexes and sexualities get on.

Of course it's narrow.  That's what anecdotes are.