Endlessly funny
6 (20%)
Funny, but not all that funny
15 (50%)
Stupid
9 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Savonarola

After seeing "Soup to Nuts" I was wondering how Languish felt about this crucial question.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Larch

No option for "I don't know who they are?".

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on August 08, 2016, 12:19:24 PM

This was from back in the day when our culture was not exported constantly to the entire world. Ah the days when we didn't have to worry about our movies insulting the Chinese.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on August 08, 2016, 12:24:39 PM

This was from back in the day when our culture was not exported constantly to the entire world. Ah the days when we didn't have to worry about our movies insulting the Chinese.

Nowadays you do your movies appeasing them (and their wallets).  :P

Savonarola

Here you go: Punch Drunks is their one film in the US National Film Registry.  Most of their other films are more or less like this.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on August 08, 2016, 12:31:23 PM
Nowadays you do your movies appeasing them (and their wallets).  :P

Yep. Pity they would have made great villains after we lost the Soviets.

Admiral Yi

Somewhere between not at all and a little.  It's always pretty funny to see a fat bald man with a squeaky voice get poked in the eyes, but a little goes a long way.

Sheilbh

Love the Three Stooges, but haven't watched them since I was a kid. So I'll keep them as a positive memory rather than actually testing them again.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

I know of them but haven't seen any of their stuff.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

I'll catch them from time to time on Sunday mornings.  Still hilarious, as long as it's the original cast.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 08, 2016, 12:38:34 PM
Love the Three Stooges, but haven't watched them since I was a kid. So I'll keep them as a positive memory rather than actually testing them again.

Same. Many a day in my childhood watching them with my grandfather / I Love Lucy with my grandmother up in their cabin in the mountains.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I don't think I've ever actually watched anything involving them. I mostly just know of them via The Simpsons.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on August 08, 2016, 01:52:14 PM
I don't think I've ever actually watched anything involving them. I mostly just know of them via The Simpsons.

Well their greatest period ended around the same time Hitler shot himself so that is understandable.