Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I liked the chick. Didn't notice a gun.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

I think some gun enthusiasts may have over-corrected just a bit.  It's one thing to regard guns as a necessary evil, but they have gone on to regard them as a good thing, and more powerful guns as an even better thing.  It's as if they have forgotten that guns are designed to take lives efficiently.

HVC

Collectors always have their weird off shoots. It's just that it's a lot harder to kill someone with counters.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on October 02, 2017, 08:49:53 PM
Collectors always have their weird off shoots. It's just that it's a lot harder to kill someone with counters.

Unpunched counter sheets hurt.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Fun fact--wargame counter look like plastique to airport X-ray machines.

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 02, 2017, 08:52:32 PM

I just had the image of CdM on a balcony throwing  counters and laughing maniacaly. It made me laugh. I'm a bad person.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

dps

Quote from: HVC on October 02, 2017, 08:55:01 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 02, 2017, 08:52:32 PM

I just had the image of CdM on a balcony throwing  counters and laughing maniacaly. It made me laugh. I'm a bad person.

From the 32nd floor he might even be able to kill someone that way.

Dropping shrink-wrapped copies of Second Front just from the 2nd floor would probably kill someone if it hit them in the head.  I think the thing weighed about 50 pounds (ok, that's an exaggeration, but it was heavy).

Monoriu

I am done feeling sad and angry about this sort of thing.  Wake me up when you guys are ready to adopt sane gun laws.  Until then, this kind of thing will occur again and again. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on October 02, 2017, 08:55:01 PM

You are a bad person.  What a senseless waste of counters.  Cunt.

CountDeMoney

QuoteNRA Says Mass Shootings Just The Unfortunate Price Of Protecting People's Freedom To Commit Mass Shootings

FAIRFAX, VA—In the aftermath of a shooting in Las Vegas that left at least 58 people dead and more than 500 wounded, National Rifle Association officials said Monday that mass shootings are just the unfortunate price of protecting people's freedom to commit mass shootings. "What happened in Las Vegas is a horrific tragedy, but it's sadly the inevitable cost of safeguarding the rights of Americans to perpetrate such horrific tragedies," said NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, adding that defending the constitutional right to commit mass murder meant accepting that mass murders were occasionally going to happen. "As saddened as we are today, we must always remember that preserving our sacred liberty to go on violent rampages is far more important than any one violent rampage." LaPierre went on to say that legislation like recent state laws permitting guns on college campuses and an upcoming House bill that would relax restrictions on the purchase of gun silencers were vital to ensuring people had more freedom to commit much deadlier massacres, even if they sometimes lead to much deadlier massacres.

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on October 02, 2017, 08:35:02 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2017, 07:41:23 PM
Watch and learn languish. Bump fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7DTjSla-O8

What is the point of that?

Absolutely nothing that is needed in civilian hands. The ATF should have said fuck no
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2017, 10:07:21 PM
The ATF should have said fuck no

lulz, like they have any pull anymore.  Congress, the gun lobby and the Fox-Industrial Complex have spent the last 30 years denuding that agency to the point it's afraid of its own shadow.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2017, 08:31:13 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2017, 07:04:11 PM
I have watched none of it. Not really interested.

Of course you haven't.  Now, if his name were Ay-Sheet mah-Drawarz, we'd be chatting into the night about who we'd bomb in retaliation in the fight against Radical Islamic TerrorismTM

But the usual crazy white guy?  Boor-ring.

More or less waiting on facts and not media hysteria.  But yes, crackers be crackin'
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2017, 10:13:33 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2017, 10:07:21 PM
The ATF should have said fuck no

lulz, like they have any pull anymore.  Congress, the gun lobby and the Fox-Industrial Complex have spent the last 30 years denuding that agency to the point it's afraid of its own shadow.

Good news is silencers may be legal.