News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Non-Binding Referendum on Maturn

Started by Jacob, July 27, 2016, 11:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Marty be unbanned?

No - close the door and hammer it shut. Keep Languish Marty free.
22 (28.9%)
Maybe - the current Marty break is good, let's keep it going. We can potentially examine a return at some future time.
12 (15.8%)
Yes - Marty should return to languish in the near term.
42 (55.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

11B4V

Yes let him back. This is not paradox OT. :mad:

You all are fucking boring.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 27, 2016, 05:20:44 PM
Much needed is some clarification of what constitutes a bannable offense.

Although I suppose if the clarification were that anything goes, but Marty being Marty, he will be banned every once in a while on a whim, I could probably live with that.
In soccer, sometimes you get booked not for one dangerous tackle, but rather for a serious of merely bad tackles.  It's isn't any particular bad tackle that gets you booked, it's the entire series of them.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on July 27, 2016, 08:38:22 PM

In soccer, sometimes you get booked not for one dangerous tackle, but rather for a serious of merely bad tackles.  It's isn't any particular bad tackle that gets you booked, it's the entire series of them.

So what you are saying is that Martinus got banned because he kept tackling guys?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

The good thing about Marty being here is I don't feel quite so dumb.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

marti might be obnoxious to some posters, but he isn't dangerous to the personal lives of anyone here. if few people take him seriously, what's the problem? that his posts annoy certain people with particular sensitivities? languish was originally created as a haven for people like that.

it's not like marti has threatened to contact the employers of languish posters about their internet activity. that's, imo, far worse than anything marti has ever done (including a drunkenly PMed "I wish you offed yourself")

plus, internet forums aren't exactly popular these days. why permanently banish extremely active posters when there's no real evidence that the active poster's comments are actually driving others from the forum?

CountDeMoney

Lettow77

I remember telling Martinus that kind and sensitive person was not appropriate language around here, but he had come to the terminology and culture of where such language belongs too recently and could not contain his exuberance. That was a matter of decorum and taste, though, rather than a concerned advisory seeking to prevent his banning. Languish used to pride itself on being the free and rough-around-the-edges alternative to EUOT、but seems to have become less so as members age and the number of posters fall off.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Archy

I suggest a liberum veto for any Languishite on this issue and let hilarity ensue

Tonitrus

Hamilcar

Marty is a vital part of languish. Bring him back.

garbon

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 28, 2016, 04:30:30 AM

Says johnny come lately. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on July 28, 2016, 04:54:48 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on July 28, 2016, 04:30:30 AM

Says johnny come lately. :rolleyes:

Everybody loves him so don't let him down.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?