Democratic National Convention MEGATHREAD

Started by Admiral Yi, July 25, 2016, 06:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: dps on July 26, 2016, 07:00:54 AM
Hey!  When have I not been pro free trade? 

I have no idea what you're even talking about as far as international alliances go.

I am not talking about you I am talking about the Trumpites. Wanting to destroy NATO and rip up all of our trade agreements.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Monoriu on July 26, 2016, 09:40:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 26, 2016, 09:33:00 PM

It does quite well at keeping kooks out of office. We aren't required to form coalition governments with Communists or Nazis or other loons.  We have managed to keep out Libertarians, Know-nothings, Greens, Fascists, Anti-masons, and other weirdos.  Our system has kept Strom Thurmond, George Wallace and Ross Perot from the Whitehouse. 

Trump now has a good shot at getting into the White House though.

This is true.  The system is failing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on July 26, 2016, 10:20:27 PM
I am not talking about you I am talking about the Trumpites. Wanting to destroy NATO and rip up all of our trade agreements.

Just the Free Trade Agreements.  We're going to have Great Trade Agreements instead.  WIN

Legbiter

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Trump became the first presidential candidate to get a nomination bump for both conventions.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2016, 10:12:23 PM
Where the fuck is Frank Rizzo and a daisycutter when you need one.
It was Wilson Goode. :lol:

Probably nobody else here will get that joke. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Saw some pics of Bernie Bros carrying North Korean flags.  What's up with that?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2016, 10:47:06 AM
Saw some pics of Bernie Bros carrying North Korean flags.  What's up with that?

Probably something about Hillary being the new Dear Leader or something even more insane.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2016, 07:02:46 AM
It was Wilson Goode. :lol:

Probably nobody else here will get that joke. :sleep:

Yeah, but Frank had more panache.

CountDeMoney

mongers

Good grief Bill if full of BS as regards his attitude towards his wife.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on July 27, 2016, 03:55:04 PM
:lol: I loved it. But then I love Bill and will be a WRECK after what is likely Joe Biden's last major speech :weep: :cry:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 27, 2016, 04:57:12 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 27, 2016, 03:55:04 PM
:lol: I loved it. But then I love Bill and will be a WRECK after what is likely Joe Biden's last major speech :weep: :cry:

Oh I'd have bought it if there'd been some humility to it, something along the lines of his philandering not honouring the woman he was so lucky to get etc.

Thanks for the the Biden headsup, I'll try and catch it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

11B4V

You know, i had thought that Cleveland would've been the big delegate mess, what with so many knuckledragging first-timers coming out to support Trump and not knowing their mouthbreathing heads from their 5.56mm yuge asses--turns out it the DNC still needs the Chicago PD to start nightsticking some sense into these goddamned hippies.

Whoa, did Alicia Keyes pack on a few pounds?  Looks like Alan Keyes. Damn, woman.

This is a link to a very popular outdoor site. The trump folks are not only so bent on "anybody but Hillary", but also only a Republican in the white house. Take a read, these folks are so delusional it's scary. Every major outdoor/gun site is this way. Seriously take a read. Eye opening to say the least.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/21/1/Hunter's_Campfire

Browse just one day of threads.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".