The Non-Religiously Motivated Attacks Megathread

Started by Tamas, July 19, 2016, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I think we need a megathread for these now.

French-Moroccoan guy on holiday with his family goes apeshit upon seeing teenage girls in shorts and knives a whole family:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/19/man-stabs-french-woman-and-her-three-daughters-for-being-scantil/

Valmy

QuoteRaphaël Balland, prosecutor of Gap, said: "I wanted to quash the rumour currently doing the rounds because on no account did this man make such comments about the fact that the attack may have been motivated by the victims' dress code."

Well mission accomplished. Just ask the Telegraph.

But granted whatever reason he had for attacking people from a different city he didn't know couldn't be that rational in any case.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

I know this is Languish and the threshold for megathreads is pretty low, but that is just a local news article.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on July 19, 2016, 10:50:03 AM
I know this is Languish and the threshold for megathreads is pretty low, but that is just a local news article.

Which is why a Hungarian posted a British article about a French attack. Nothing international about this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

This will be a neat thread to discuss the individual incidents of the escalating culture war, where one side is fighting with Facebook messages and flowers, and the other with knives, guns, bombs and trucks.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on July 19, 2016, 10:57:43 AM

This will be a neat thread to discuss the individual incidents of the escalating culture war, where one side is fighting with Facebook messages and flowers, and the other with knives, guns, bombs and trucks.

Hey we usually kill them and we use drones and shit.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2016, 11:02:23 AM
That's still religiously motivated.

He was being ironic. Like rain on your jihad day.

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2016, 11:03:01 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2016, 11:02:23 AM
That's still religiously motivated.

He was being ironic. Like rain on your jihad day.

I don't think we should allowed this to become a meme. I can't help but sing it. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2016, 10:50:58 AM

Which is why a Hungarian posted a British article about a French attack. Nothing international about this.

Sure, but that's because everybody is looking for something muslim-y these days.

The Minsky Moment

359 people have been murdered in Chicago in the calendar year 2016.  But one or two of them might have had some religious motivation so perhaps that doesn't belong here? 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 19, 2016, 11:21:00 AM
359 people have been murdered in Chicago in the calendar year 2016.  But one or two of them might have had some religious motivation so perhaps that doesn't belong here? 

The Cult of Ditka strikes again :(

Eddie Teach

They send one of yours to the hospital you send one of theirs to the morgue.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on July 19, 2016, 11:20:29 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2016, 10:50:58 AM

Sure, but that's because everybody is looking for something muslim-y these days.

Ah la "gauche"...  :frog:

:lmfao:

Razgovory

QuoteGood men do good things, and evil men do evil things, but only through religion will good men do evil things

-Berkut

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,11556.msg745967.html#msg745967  (note that story in the article wasn't quite true).

So remember Good men don't ever do evil things unless there is religion.  Not ever.  Berkut hath Spoken.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017