News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I think I saw my best show ever...

Started by viper37, July 18, 2016, 09:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Rammstein brings 2016 Festival d'Été de Québec to a fiery close

I love Metallica, it's my favorite band.  But for the show, Rammstein is miles ahead of everyone in this business.

French text, but the first show is worth the view

These guys are crazy, the good kind of crazy ;) 

Gojira was the first part, Duque's compatriots.  Good old heavy metal, reminescent of 80s style music but with a touch of modern voice.  Very heavy, surprisingly good, but not yet to my taste.  Lots&lots of people were surpriesed by this band, did not expect the show to be so good.  I think it's one of the only times I've seen a 1st parter have so much impact on the crowd.  My cousin, his friends and I weren't really fans (most did not even listen to one song before the show), but we got caught up in the excitement too :)

Just awesome.  But now, I need to sleep :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

Hamilcar

Nothing more amusing than American kids trying to sing along to Rammstein lyrics which, if they understood them, would utterly horrify them.

The Brain

Rammstein still clings to juvenile anti-Americanism?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 19, 2016, 03:30:41 AM
Nothing more amusing than American kids trying to sing along to Rammstein lyrics which, if they understood them, would utterly horrify them.
I don't know.  This crowd often listens to english music worst than that.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on July 19, 2016, 03:26:41 AM
Welcome to the 90s.
thank you :)

Compared to the people who went to see Sting and Duran Duran, it means I'm a pretty modern fellow :)

It's only the 2nd "big" Rammstein show in North America, btw.  First one was ca 2011, after 2010 in Quebec city.

Malthus

Pic looks like a screen shot from Fury Road, only on a stage.  :P

Where's the bungee jumping guitar guy?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on July 19, 2016, 12:51:44 PM
Pic looks like a screen shot from Fury Road, only on a stage.  :P

Where's the bungee jumping guitar guy?
no bungee, but they were lowered on stage by cables.  It's not a movie, they got to keep it real :P

The singer was elevated over the stage, with angel wings, during the song Engel.  I think it has some meaning, but what do I know?  I'm just a north american kid who would be shocked by the lyrics if he understood 'em... ;)

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."