News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Photography thread

Started by Maladict, July 05, 2016, 02:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Nice! Note to self: plan trip to Baltic states.

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on July 13, 2016, 04:12:52 PM
Nice! Note to self: plan trip to Baltic states.

:yes:

Talinn is one of my favourite cities in Europe
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Maladict

Couple of pics from a weekend trip to Ypres.

Ypres

Langemark german war cemetery

St. Julien Canadian war memorial

In Flanders Fields museum

Menin Gate, Ypres

Sanctuary Wood restored WW1 trenches

Tyne Cot British war cemetery

Valmy

Wait what is that novel written on each of the German's tombstones?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2016, 09:46:08 AM
Wait what is that novel written on each of the German's tombstones?

A dozen or so names per stone.
It's where the German students that fell in the first battle of Ypres are buried, amongst many many others.
Also the site of the first gas attacks during the second battle.

Valmy

Ah I see. Mass graves.

Yes the slaughter of the innocents. Not that most of the conscripts who died in those first few months weren't.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Pictures from Iceland during my Laugavegur hike. Apologies for the low quality but due to my lazyness all I brought was my iPhone 5 and its camera had some lighting issues. It was the most beautiful hike I've done so far.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Zanza

Great pictures! :)

Iceland looks a bit like when you use one of those software products to render a landscape. ;)

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Beautiful pictures all around.

Zanza

Some pictures I took in Ladakh, the northermost part of India. It's located in the Himalayas, mostly buddhist and very sparsely populated - rather unusual for India.

Likir buddhist monastery

Thiksey buddhist monastery

Both in the Nubra valley

Our campsite at about 5000 meters in the Rupshu highlands of Eastern Ladakh

Very desolate landscape with nearly no vegetation

View from about 5600 meters altitude towards the Moriri lake (at 4500m). The snow-covered peak on the right is the 6200m Mentok Kangri. I had planned to climb that, but could not as I got problems breathing, especially at night. As that's the first sign of altitude sickness, I decided it wasn't worth risking it.

alfred russel

I'm thinking of downloading some pictures of mountains I've climbed to put into a panel series of pictures to hang in my place. Maybe each picture around 10 in (25cm) x 10 in.

Is there a guideline of how good the online picture quality should be so that the pictures come out well?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on November 21, 2016, 11:39:48 AM
I'm thinking of downloading some pictures of mountains I've climbed to put into a panel series of pictures to hang in my place. Maybe each picture around 10 in (25cm) x 10 in.

Is there a guideline of how good the online picture quality should be so that the pictures come out well?

A wiki article, something along the lines of print quality/resolution or printing?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"