What Did You 'Learn' From The Internet Today?

Started by mongers, July 04, 2016, 02:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

I learnt that:

Obama has been drawing down our military and it will soon be at preWWII levels.
If Hillary gets into office she will continue to gut our military.

:hmm:

Are these sort of myths breed and disseminated on social media?
Why do most of those who repeat them, do so in such a critical way?

So my question is, what facts did you learn from the Internet today?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

That Gen. Maxwell Taylor is credited with saving countless soldiers when his effort cancelled an Airborne assault on Italy in 1943.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

dps

I learned about the suicide bombings in Saudi Arabia and that Kevin Durant signed with the Warriors.

mongers

'Typo' in the thread title, please note.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

I knew this a while ago but forgot. The awesomeness came back to me. The japanese for mole is 土竜   or..... EARTH DRAGON!

I'm on a quest to find out wtf.
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

I learnt that the racist graffiti on the Polish Cultural Centre was "Fuck Off OPM"  :hmm:

Now I wonder who or what OPM is. Maybe the graffiti was written by an EUIV fanatic who is accusing Poland of being a One Province Minor  :o

celedhring

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 05, 2016, 03:15:41 AM
I learnt that the racist graffiti on the Polish Cultural Centre was "Fuck Off OPM"  :hmm:

Now I wonder who or what OPM is. Maybe the graffiti was written by an EUIV fanatic who is accusing Poland of being a One Province Minor  :o

He's obviously clamoring against the return of Congress Poland and the Free City of Krakow.  :nerd:

Maladict

That the word meme was invented by Richard Dawkins.
Sic transit gloria mundi.  :(

Brazen

That whoever decided pasta makes you fat was wrong.*

*A bit of further reading revealed that the study was part-funded by Italian pasta company Barilla :P

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".