News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Non-Binding Referendum to Hold a Referendum

Started by Habbaku, June 29, 2016, 04:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should a Referendum to Unban Martinus be Held?

Yes, power to the people!  Wir sind das Volk!
No, let the elites (mods) decide.
Yes, but then hold another referendum that overrides this one.
can i be: cuckold empire? (jaron)

Habbaku

Should the voice of the people be heard in a future referendum?   :bowler:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Duque de Bragança

In light of recent events, option 3 makes more sense. :)

Admiral Yi

The only way we can legitimately conduct a referendum on conducting a referendum is if someone campaigns for mod explicitly on the platform of holding a nonbinding referendum to hold a referendum and wins.

Habbaku

An excellent point, Yi.

Consider this thread to be the beginning of my campaign for mod powers.  If instated as a mod, I promise to hold a referendum on the referendum here before beginning a referendum on Martinus' referendum.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

The key is to keep having referendum on whether to have a referendum.  That'll stop the actual referendum from ever happening and having an accidental Brexit situation.

Jacob

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2016, 04:17:43 PM
The only way we can legitimately conduct a referendum on conducting a referendum is if someone campaigns for mod explicitly on the platform of holding a nonbinding referendum to hold a referendum and wins.

I nominate Seedy.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on June 29, 2016, 04:38:25 PM

I nominate Seedy.

Seconded

11B4V

Quote from: Jacob on June 29, 2016, 04:42:31 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 29, 2016, 04:38:25 PM

I nominate Seedy.

Seconded
It's official then.  :D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017