Main Menu

Bud Spencer has died.

Started by The Larch, June 27, 2016, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

He was 86 and has passed away today, confirmed by his family.  :(

celedhring

Noooooooo.

Had no idea he was still alive to be frank. Damn, a trashy legend from our childhood :)

celedhring

I distinctly remember when I once shown "Crime Busters" (Dos Superpolicías) at a film club over at Columbia U. The faces.  :lol:

Zanza

The Larch

I must have watched his whole career when I was a kid, my school organized film matinees on saturdays to raise money for school activities and they'd always show at least one of their films in those double features.

Hamilcar

Malicious Intent

Absolutely loved his films as a child. RIP.   :(

Duque de Bragança

I never realised he was so old.

Family-friendly entertainment is in mourning.

RIP :(

viper37

RIP :(
so many memories from drive-in theaters...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Pedrito

I'm absolutely astonished by the fact that he was so well known outside of Italy. I thought his movies weren't even distributed abroad.

Beside that, his movies with Terence Hill were a staple of every child here, and I'll miss him.

RIP

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

Quote from: Pedrito on June 28, 2016, 03:49:42 AM
I'm absolutely astonished by the fact that he was so well known outside of Italy. I thought his movies weren't even distributed abroad.

Beside that, his movies with Terence Hill were a staple of every child here, and I'll miss him.

RIP

L.

Iconic legend of my generation's childhood, together with Terence Hill.

I feel sad that he is gone, but he seems to lived a long, happy, and successful life. RIP

celedhring

Same in Spain, really. Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies were the bread and butter of my childhood.

I remember when I was very little and I would get in fights with other children and be annoyed that my punches didn't have the same SFX as in those movies. I genuinely thought it was my punching technique that was off.

Duque de Bragança

RIP

L.

Berlusconi had a channel in France in the late '80s (La 5) and his movies were a staple of this channel. He was famous before but the 80's or early '90s reruns made it popular for 30 or 40-somethings who remember him so well.
I bet Telecinco in Spain did the same too. ;)

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 28, 2016, 04:49:25 AM

RIP

L.

Berlusconi had a channel in France in the late '80s (La 5) and his movies were a staple of this channel. He was famous before but the 80's or early '90s reruns made it popular for 30 or 40-somethings who remember him so well.
I bet Telecinco in Spain did the same too. ;)

Telecinco didn't get here until the 90s, and what it brought to our childhoods was wrestling (vintage early 90s WWF), Takeshi's Castle (gloriously dubbed) and scantly clad girls that were the hormonal awakening of our generation (after Sabrina Salerno).

Bud Spence & Terence hill movies were a staple of the video rental era during the 80s. Some of those movies were even filmed in Spain.