News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL 2009 Thread

Started by Barrister, July 01, 2009, 08:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

The BC Sask game was fun to watch.  Our section was invaded by a bunch of Green flag waving crazies from the prairies complete with watermelons on their heads and lots of beer in their guts.  A lot of them had driven in for the game! 

Lots of good natured banter between the BC and Sask fans.  One of my favourite lines was with 30 seconds left in the game a girl sitting next to me turned to us and said "Its OK we won the Grey Cup".  One of the guys behind me said, "but they sucked today.  Face it, you just lost to a team that lost twice to Hamilton!"  to which she responded, "Well at least I got a chance to kiss the Grey Cup.  Have you kissed the Grey Cup?" 

"Lady, have I kissed to Grey Cup!?!  You don't want to know what I've done with the Grey Cup!"

Everyone broke up laughing.

Barrister

CC: that's why I love the CFL. :wub:

Bombers down 13 - 0 to the Stamps. :cry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

*bump*

Labour Day Classic weekend.

'Riders are going down. :menace:

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2009, 03:02:45 PM
*bump*

Labour Day Classic weekend.

'Riders are going down. :menace:
It would appear not.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

crazy canuck

All I care about is that BC put on a good defensive showing on Friday.

saskganesh

awesome.

outside 20-30K odd, blue painted, long suffering fans at the skydome, the CFL has NO profile in Toronto. Toronto FC is more popular. I miss the weekly football parties (beer and food and flavours) out west.

however, it's not like we have nothing else to do.

humans were created in their own image

Neil

Maybe Toronto will adopt the Bills.  After all, Toronto and mediocrity go hand in hand.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2009, 01:52:55 PM
Maybe Toronto will adopt the Bills.  After all, Toronto and mediocrity go hand in hand.

I think that's the fiendish inevitability. tix start at $99 and go up $500 (VIP package). then they have the suites : 16 tix for $8-12,000.

in Buffalo tix start at $33 and goto $77. don't know VIP and suites.

Neil

Quote from: saskganesh on September 08, 2009, 02:56:56 PM

I think that's the fiendish inevitability. tix start at $99 and go up $500 (VIP package). then they have the suites : 16 tix for $8-12,000.

$99 bucks for nosebleed endzone tickets, watching the Argonauts attempt to play football?

It's a wonder that anybody goes to a game.

Barrister

Surely they don't charge $99 for Argos games?

I think sasks was referring to the prices for the handfull of Bills games played in Toronto.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2009, 03:21:43 PM

I think sasks was referring to the prices for the handfull of Bills games played in Toronto.
Ah.  Actually, one wonders if the Bills are any better than the Argos.  Judging from their moves in the preseason (firing your offensive coordinator in the preseason?), they probably aren't.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2009, 04:49:51 PM

Ah.  Actually, one wonders if the Bills are any better than the Argos.  Judging from their moves in the preseason (firing your offensive coordinator in the preseason?), they probably aren't.

But "better" has little to do with image-conscious Toronto.  The NFL is the big time, the 'world stage', and such is where Torontonians would prefer to be, rather than the affordable and entertaining Argos games.

saskganesh

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2009, 03:19:40 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on September 08, 2009, 02:56:56 PM

$99 bucks for nosebleed endzone tickets, watching the Argonauts attempt to play football?

It's a wonder that anybody goes to a game.

no those are for the NFL Bills, who have big league glamour and novelty.

Argos prices are CFL level reasonable.

saskganesh

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2009, 05:09:24 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2009, 04:49:51 PM

But "better" has little to do with image-conscious Toronto.  The NFL is the big time, the 'world stage', and such is where Torontonians would prefer to be, rather than the affordable and entertaining Argos games.

we should put a CFL team in Buffalo :D