And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL 2009 Thread

Started by Barrister, July 01, 2009, 08:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2009, 08:02:18 AM
Quote from: katmai on July 02, 2009, 03:39:32 AM
Whatever team has the most Udub Huskies is the one i'm rooting for.

Cody Pickett plays for Toronto
Kai Ellis plays for Edmonton

So um...you have two teams tied with 1.

actually Joe Lobendahn is with Winnipeg as well.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

So far a really really ugly game.

Old kicker for sale..... cheap!

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on July 02, 2009, 07:48:49 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 02, 2009, 06:12:59 AM
Quote from: Neil on July 01, 2009, 10:21:55 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 01, 2009, 10:13:25 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 01, 2009, 09:57:29 PM
Yet another season of the Blowout Football League.

With the current score of 20-14 you have spoken too soon. -_-
The game isn't over yet.  It's still possible that we could see yet another blowout.

40-27 counts?
13 points in the CFL is like 2 points in the NFL.

yeah scoring sucks. we should all watch soccer (the "world music of sports" ) instead maybe? no thanks.
:p

crazy canuck

This could be a looooong season.  But even with all the sacks and turnovers BC still should have won on that last throw from Buck.

Sophie Scholl

Good game if rather sloppy.  I'm not impressed with Durant's decision making or his on-field reactions so far.  Granted I only caught the sloppy second half, but still.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 03, 2009, 11:33:00 PM
Good game if rather sloppy.  I'm not impressed with Durant's decision making or his on-field reactions so far.  Granted I only caught the sloppy second half, but still.
The whole game was pretty shameful.  15 turnovers?  Would have been 16 if not for a poorly-timed facemask penalty.  Another thing that bothers me about the CFL is the amount of penalties, especially with Proulx's crew.  They're pretty liberal with their calls, which affects both teams equally but really kills the pace of the game.  And the way they drag out the last 3 minutes of the game for half an hour.

Out of Durrants three picks, I only saw the last two.  One was a total error in judgement, where he just tossed the ball right at the defender.  I mean, looking off the defence is good, but you should still glance in the direction where you're going to throw the ball.  The last one seemed to me that the ball got away with him and he just flubbed the throw, since it was right in between two 'Riders players.  Either that, or he couldn't decide which one he wanted to throw to.  There were also a couple of marginal throws where he seemed to underthrow his receivers.  He's got some work to do, but he should be serviceable as a CFL QB.

What really pleased me about the Roughriders was their defence.  The pressure really worked for them, although they need to make sure that the defensive guys are rushing the quarterback, not some place three yards behind him.  Still, any time you can get 9-10 sacks in a game is always good.  How much of that is a Lions O-line in transition, we'll see.  Pierce looked decent when he wasn't on his back.

You know, the hard camps and short preseasons were on display last night.  Everybody was kind of inept, and everybody was a little bit fragile.  Plenty of players getting injured in Week 1, most notably Jesse Lumsden and Geroy Simon.  Well, it'll all be made good once the NFL starts cutting guys in August.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

The game was even worse then the pre-season display of incompetance against Edmonton.

If the Lions cant replace of holes in the OL this is going to be a long painful season and Buck Peirce, who is injury prone at the best of times, wont last the first few games.

crazy canuck

This is going to be a very long season for BC fans.  They made it interesting at the end.  But they were playing Hamilton and still lost. 

Could this be the first year there is an eastern team that crosses over into the payoffs?

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 11, 2009, 09:46:47 AM
This is going to be a very long season for BC fans.  They made it interesting at the end.  But they were playing Hamilton and still lost. 

Could this be the first year there is an eastern team that crosses over into the payoffs?
I was going to say:  That was pretty embarassing.  BC has showed some resiliance the last two weeks, but they aren't able to do what needs to be done.  Their O-line, which looked like a bunch of homos against the Riders, was able to pretty much negate Hamilton's pass rush.  Either the Riders are that good, or the Ti-Cats D-line is completely useless.  Pierce did better job with the ball, although that last pick was pretty boneheaded.

The season is still too young for playoff predictions, but I would be surprised if both BC and Edmonton remained utterly helpless for the whole season, whereas I don't expect Hamilton or Toronto to win all that many games.  Especially Hamilton, whose coaches should have the secondary executed.  After that big pick, everybody was trying to intercept balls all day long, and they let BC back into the game with shoddy tackling caused by trying to jump routes that they had no business jumping.  And Tisdale, who got the pick, was the worst of them all.  I have no problem with trying to make big plays, but when you try and be a hero on every down, and start letting things slip, you're going to get torched.

Grey Fox

Tisdale int was a result on #35s pressure on the QB anyway. Dude didn't do shit.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 11, 2009, 10:21:05 AM
Tisdale int was a result on #35s pressure on the QB anyway. Dude didn't do shit.
Well, he caught it.  That's more than you can say about, say, Jermaine Copeland.

Barrister

And the Bombers handle Calgary rather nicely.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Buck Pierce just lost his job.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on July 16, 2009, 08:54:09 PM
Buck Pierce just lost his job.

He just got it back.  Not because Pierce was good.  He was just less bad last night.

Like I said at the beginning of the year, this is going to be a very long season for Lions fans.  We need to import an offensive and defensive line after the NFL makes its cuts.