15.5 - 20 points
8 (16.3%)
20.5 - 25 points
2 (4.1%)
>25 points
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Maladict

Met a few true polyglots recently, fluent in 4-5 languages and fairly proficient in several more. Pretty impressive.
I'm wondering how Languish stacks up  :P

Count the scores for each language (including your native language), you get 0.5 point if only one of speaking/reading applies.

Language Proficiency Definitions

0 - No Practical Speaking/Reading Proficiency

1 - Elementary Proficiency
Speaking: Able to satisfy routine travel needs and minimum courtesy requirements.
Reading: Able to read isolated phrases and fragments of a text.

2 - Limited Working Proficiency
Speaking: Able to satisfy routine social demands and limited work requirements.
Reading: Able to read simple prose, in a form equivalent to typescript or printing, on subjects within a familiar context.

3 - Minimum Professional Proficiency
Speaking: Able to speak the language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social, and professional topics.
Reading: Able to read standard newspaper items addressed to the general reader, routine correspondence, reports, and technical materials in the individual's special field.

4 - Full Professional Proficiency
Speaking: Able to use the language fluently and accurately on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
Reading: Able to read all styles and forms of the language pertinent to professional needs.

5 - Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Speaking: Equivalent to that of an educated native speaker.
Reading: Equivalent to that of an educated native.

The Larch

19, by my count.

Edit: Forgot about French ( :frog: ), make it 20, still in the same bracket.

Maladict

Same, pretty much.

5: Dutch
4.5: English
3: German
2.5: Italian and French
1: Greek (unholy mix of ancient and modern)
0.5: Latin and Russian (despite attempts)
0: Arabic (not making a lot of progress here either)

The Brain

Why is only speaking and reading of interest?

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Crazy_Ivan80

5: Dutch.
4.5: English.
3: French
2.5: German
1: Latin :p
0.5: Italian, Spanish, Danish, Swedish. But it takes plenty of effort and is mainly the result of these languages belonging to either germanic or latin language-family.

garbon

Someone has no language that they are a native speaker of?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Mine are:

5: Spanish & Galician.
4: English.
3: Italian.
2: Portuguese (I could BS a bit and raise it to 3, but I feel this is more honest).
1: French.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on June 23, 2016, 06:49:22 AM
Someone has no language that they are a native speaker of?

It says educated native  :P
But yes, it's the Jaron option.

Maladict

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 23, 2016, 06:46:07 AM
5: Dutch.
4.5: English.
3: French
2.5: German
1: Latin :p
0.5: Italian, Spanish, Danish, Swedish. But it takes plenty of effort and is mainly the result of these languages belonging to either germanic or latin language-family.

Oh I forgot Latin  :blush:

celedhring

Spanish, Catalan : 5 each (Native languages)
English  : 4.5 (Actually use it more often than Spanish nowadays, awful accent though)
German : 1 (Took a year of classes)
French : 0.5 (French grandad)

I don't count a bunch of latin languages that I can read somewhat comfortably due to similarity to Spanish / Catalan. 

Monoriu

Depends on if you consider Cantonese and Mandarin to be separate.  In a shameless effort to boost my score, I'll consider them separate :P

Cantonese, traditional Chinese: 5
English: 3
Mandarin, simplified Chinese: 3
Janapense: 0.5

Grey Fox

10, total.

5 English & French. Maybe I could do 1 in Spanish, Italian & German but I have never tested it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

English - 5
French - 3
Latin - 0.5

Since, you know, not many Latin conversations to be had outside of the Vatican. Salve amicis.

I could probably give myself points in all the other romance languages at this point, especially having grown up and lived in Tejas my whole life but I have never studied them or anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I realised I should have given myself 7.5 and not 6.5

5 - English
2 - Spanish
.5 - German
.1 - Hindi
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on June 23, 2016, 08:08:08 AM
Depends on if you consider Cantonese and Mandarin to be separate.

They are different languages so why wouldn't you?

If I spoke fluent Scots I would certainly include it :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."