Dutch tourist in Qatar jailed for 3 months, fined after reporting she was raped

Started by Martinus, June 21, 2016, 02:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

yeah, I've always thought dubai looks like a really neat place to visit, if only once. like vegas on steroids.

Richard Hakluyt

Yeah, there is some force in that argument. Maybe a two-day stopover en route to Europe or Asia, half the planes stop there anyway.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on June 27, 2016, 01:14:08 AM

This usually takes place in dreams only, but they have really built it.

Sometimes it is okay not to make the stuff of dreams into reality.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2016, 09:57:25 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 26, 2016, 10:53:39 PM
I just ignore all the blatent anti-Chinese racial slurs in neon signs that they love to put up. 

:blink:

Japanese love giving away free food samples.  There is a very well known old lady in the busiest tourist street in Kyoto who was known to distribute the samples to Japanese only.  Never Chinese.  I personally tested the theory just to see if the myth was true.  Sure enough, the lady skillfully looked the other way when I approached. 

I did not make any sound.  So I kept wondering how she effectively distinguished between Chinese and Japanese just by looks alone.  A lot of Japanese live in my housing estate and sometimes I can tell them apart just from their looks.  Japanese dress more formally and are generally tidier.  Also better groomed, tend to have more make-up etc. 

I lean toward that Japanese usually say some greeting words when they approach a vendor for food samples though. 

The Brain

Quote from: Monoriu on June 27, 2016, 10:46:28 AM
I just ignore all the blatent anti-Chinese racial slurs in neon signs that they love to put up. 

Japanese love giving away free food samples.  There is a very well known old lady in the busiest tourist street in Kyoto who was known to distribute the samples to Japanese only.  Never Chinese.  I personally tested the theory just to see if the myth was true.  Sure enough, the lady skillfully looked the other way when I approached. 

I did not make any sound.  So I kept wondering how she effectively distinguished between Chinese and Japanese just by looks alone.  A lot of Japanese live in my housing estate and sometimes I can tell them apart just from their looks.  Japanese dress more formally and are generally tidier.  Also better groomed, tend to have more make-up etc. 

I lean toward that Japanese usually say some greeting words when they approach a vendor for food samples though.

Will she spot a Swede?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Monoriu on June 27, 2016, 10:46:28 AM

Life magazine told us how to tell them apart long ago:

Time had their guide:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

:hmm: Seems like all you have to do is check for a menacing scowl.  If you have it, you're Japanese.  If you don't, congrats, you're Chinese.  Not sure why they needed a whole article about this.

Valmy

If they are bayoneting babies then they are Japanese. Easy.

Is it true that Japanese are short and hairy and more likely to wear horned rimmed glasses? Can you help me with this Mono?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2016, 03:02:08 PM
If they are bayoneting babies then they are Japanese. Easy.

Is it true that Japanese are short and hairy and more likely to wear horned rimmed glasses? Can you help me with this Mono?

:P  All East Asians are short when comared with westerners.  My completely unscientific feeling is that Japanese seems to have grown a bit in recent decades.  They are about the same as Chinese in terms of height.  But somehow, their females don't seem to have catched up.  There are a lot of mini-sized Japanese pretty idols who are below 5 feet tall. 

In terms of facial features, I agree there are some subtle differences between Chinese and Japanese.  But they are not reliable indicators.  It is far better to tell from clothes, make-up, and demeanour.  Japanese are a lot more conformist, they take care not to cause trouble etc. 

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Doesn't hold true with Hong Kongomites, but Japanese always have better hair than mainland Chinese.  Better styled, better use of gel.

CountDeMoney

You can definitely spot North Koreans during the holiday season at Rockefeller Center--

DGuller