News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

America gets even fatter!

Started by jimmy olsen, July 01, 2009, 12:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

They rolled those out at the McDonalds in my town about a month ago.  I had one on Monday evening (the bacon and cheddar angus) and found it delightful.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2009, 02:17:05 PM
I'm so there! :mmm:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31686986/ns/business-food_inc/
QuoteAP

McDonald's to debut $4 angus burgers
Third-pound of beef will be alternative to pricier sit-down restaurants

updated 5 minutes ago

NEW YORK - McDonald's will begin selling a new line of bigger burgers priced at about $4 each on Thursday to bring in customers looking for a beefy alternative to pricier burgers at sit-down restaurants.

The new Angus burgers are made with one-third pound of Angus beef and come in three varieties — a deluxe burger with pickles and tomatoes, a mushroom burger and a bacon and cheese burger.

The burgers will be sold in all U.S. locations for the next few months.

McDonald's has been testing the burger for several years in Ohio, New York, Los Angeles and New Mexico but it held back from introducing it to all U.S. consumers to focus on its core menu and lower-priced offerings.

© 2009 The Associated Press.

A local McD's had a billboard sign up for "Angus Burgers" and someone stole the first "g".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on July 01, 2009, 02:18:50 PM
They rolled those out at the McDonalds in my town about a month ago.  I had one on Monday evening (the bacon and cheddar angus) and found it delightful.
What else is on it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on July 01, 2009, 02:19:56 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2009, 02:17:05 PM
I'm so there! :mmm:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31686986/ns/business-food_inc/
QuoteAP

McDonald's to debut $4 angus burgers
Third-pound of beef will be alternative to pricier sit-down restaurants

updated 5 minutes ago

NEW YORK - McDonald's will begin selling a new line of bigger burgers priced at about $4 each on Thursday to bring in customers looking for a beefy alternative to pricier burgers at sit-down restaurants.

The new Angus burgers are made with one-third pound of Angus beef and come in three varieties — a deluxe burger with pickles and tomatoes, a mushroom burger and a bacon and cheese burger.

The burgers will be sold in all U.S. locations for the next few months.

McDonald's has been testing the burger for several years in Ohio, New York, Los Angeles and New Mexico but it held back from introducing it to all U.S. consumers to focus on its core menu and lower-priced offerings.

© 2009 The Associated Press.

A local McD's had a billboard sign up for "Angus Burgers" and someone stole the first "g".

Gross, that actually means it says "Anus Burgers"!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2009, 02:21:21 PM
What else is on it?
Lettuce, tomato, mayo, red onion.  Can't recall if there was ketchup and/or mustard.  The bun was different, too... more like a kaiser roll (but it did have sesame seeds).

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Quote from: Phillip V on July 01, 2009, 01:36:44 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2009, 01:16:16 PMEat more salad.
I actually periodically frequent Wendys. However, I only order a side salad w/ no dressing and a crispy chicken sandwich w/ only lettuce + tomato, coming out to about $2.50 for my meal. I drink water from a faucet, which is free.

You are like a negro Monoriu
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Didn't McDonalds already have Angus burgers?

Jack in the Box had that cute counter ad with the butcher diagram of a cow and the boy asking "Where on the cow is the Angus?"
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on July 01, 2009, 02:33:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2009, 02:21:21 PM
What else is on it?
Lettuce, tomato, mayo, red onion.  Can't recall if there was ketchup and/or mustard.  The bun was different, too... more like a kaiser roll (but it did have sesame seeds).
Sounds good, but I need mayo on a burger like that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2009, 03:16:03 PM
Fortunately, there's mayo on there.  Just like I said in my post. :contract:  :huh:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Strix on July 01, 2009, 01:09:40 PM
Ok, that sort of answers the question. That they are unwilling to provide actually numbers suggests that this article is just hyperbole at best.

They are using numbers, but it's BMI so worthless.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Quote from: Jaron on July 01, 2009, 02:57:42 PM
Didn't McDonalds already have Angus burgers?
They definitely had one (or more?) in early 2008 in NJ/NY.

Zanza

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 01, 2009, 03:23:12 PMThey are using numbers, but it's BMI so worthless.
There are exceptions with very muscular types, but I'd say at least 90% of those with a high BMI are actually too fat.

Martinus

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on July 01, 2009, 03:21:11 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2009, 03:16:03 PM
Fortunately, there's mayo on there.  Just like I said in my post. :contract:  :huh:
Missed it somehow.  :blush:

1 Karma Chameleon point