Main Menu

Green Energy Revolution Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, May 19, 2016, 10:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2018, 02:06:16 AM
10 quatloos he beats the rap.

I'll take that bet.

I predict he'll ultimately come down to some kind of plea bargain, but to beat the charge entirely?  No chance.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

So no one cares that the Trump administration is now arguing that Climate change is so real and terrible we might as well do nothing.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2018, 11:17:20 AM
I'll take that bet.

I predict he'll ultimately come down to some kind of plea bargain, but to beat the charge entirely?  No chance.

Token fine + inadmission of guilt + Elon is still CEO I win.  Deal?

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 28, 2018, 10:13:16 PM
So no one cares that the Trump administration is now arguing that Climate change is so real and terrible we might as well do nothing.

If Trump is saying that climate change is real, it must be a hoax.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 28, 2018, 10:13:16 PM

I don't understand the logic. If it is real then we need to slow it down even if it is too late not to stop huge changes from happening. And it is possible we can develop technology to absorb CO2 from the atmosphere, so if he actually thinks this that would be a good investment.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Musk agrees to settle with SEC, pays $20m fine and is forced to resign as Tesla Chairman. Remains as CEO (he can run for chairman again in 3 years.)

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2018, 02:06:16 AM
10 quatloos he beats the rap.

I'll take that bet.

I'll be expecting those quatloos Yi. :)

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2018, 01:30:58 AM
I'll take that bet.

Token fine + inadmission of guilt + Elon is still CEO I win.  Deal?

I missed this.  $20 mil is hardly token.  I haven't seen anything about "admission of guilt", but it's heavily implied.  Musk is still CEO, but removal as Chairman and two independent directors are a significant brake.

Still looking for those quatloos.

Admiral Yi

I think Biscuit was making a prediction.  They're not going to announce a settlement this quick, and not on Saturday.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2018, 11:19:00 PM
I think Biscuit was making a prediction.  They're not going to announce a settlement this quick, and not on Saturday.

Sorry to say but yet again you are wrong.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/29/technology/business/elon-musk-tesla-sec-settlement/index.html

I do note that in this article Musk does not admit wrongdoing... but I still think you owe me those quatloos. :contract:

OttoVonBismarck

I'd agree you can't call $20m personal fine "token", that's a real fine even for a billionaire.

Interestingly SEC has also fined Tesla Corporation $20m, from what I can tell this is for "lack of oversight of Elon Musk's behavior."  They also agreed to appoint two more "independent" directors to the board which means Elon will be a little more "overseen" than he is now. It's still basically his company, I feel like the SEC wasn't out to crucify him but more make him understand once he went public with Tesla he entered a world that has rules he needs to start following.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2018, 10:57:34 PM
I missed this.  $20 mil is hardly token.  I haven't seen anything about "admission of guilt", but it's heavily implied.  Musk is still CEO, but removal as Chairman and two independent directors are a significant brake.

Ooh, I don't know bro.  $20 million looks pretty tiny when the original charge was rigging the market.  And he certainly hasn't said "yes, I totally lied in order to fuck over short sellers."

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2018, 01:23:57 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2018, 10:57:34 PM

Ooh, I don't know bro.  $20 million looks pretty tiny when the original charge was rigging the market.  And he certainly hasn't said "yes, I totally lied in order to fuck over short sellers."

Welsher. <_<