News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Green Energy Revolution Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, May 19, 2016, 10:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2017, 08:47:27 PM
Going to be kinda tough to do with bullet holes and IED shrapnel in them all the time.

Are you thinking of Libya, or did Tunisa fall apart too while I wasn't looking? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2017, 09:48:31 PM
And Jawas stealing shit.

Especially now with the Tusken Raiders moving to Las Vegas and all.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 10, 2017, 09:51:43 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2017, 08:47:27 PM
Going to be kinda tough to do with bullet holes and IED shrapnel in them all the time.

Are you think of Libya, or did Tunisa fall apart too while I wasn't looking? :unsure:

What, drop the state of emergency for the first time in 2 years and suddenly they're the UAE?  Fuck you, cunt.

The Minsky Moment

FT reports that the PRC is considering a ban on gasoline and disesel cars by 2040 - the UK and France have already announced similar plans.

The ban would fit in with the PRC's industrial strategy as alternative energy vehicles is one of their key targeted industries, and allows them to skip over a technological generation where Chinese industry is well behind the curve.

It would only make sense if the PRC simultaneously commits to reducing coal as a contribution to their electric generation mix - evidence is that is already well underway.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

That is good news. If such a big markets make that kind of move everybody else will soon follow suit. Not that we were not headed that way anyway of course.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 11, 2017, 11:42:19 AM
FT reports that the PRC is considering a ban on gasoline and disesel cars by 2040 - the UK and France have already announced similar plans.

The ban would fit in with the PRC's industrial strategy as alternative energy vehicles is one of their key targeted industries, and allows them to skip over a technological generation where Chinese industry is well behind the curve.

It would only make sense if the PRC simultaneously commits to reducing coal as a contribution to their electric generation mix - evidence is that is already well underway.

They still want coal though, right?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2017, 12:53:07 PM

They still want coal though, right?

Well they need to generate electricity to power all those electric cars somehow :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

But rickshaws are so much more charming.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Yeah. I was told that Volvo seems to be going all in on that strategy, making only electric and hybrid vehicles from 2019.

I think China's going to follow through on this - there's basically no way to deny the reality that there's a problem to be solved. As well, I think that China has more options for managing oligarch opposition to sidelining heavily polluting industries.

Ed Anger

You can have my internal combustion engines when you pry them out of my cold dead hands
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2017, 07:08:06 PM
You can have my internal combustion engines when you pry them out of my ICE cold dead hands

Surely.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2017, 07:59:54 PM
I saw what you did there

:D

And I also think the internal combustion engine is a pretty cool thing.

Petrol is such a great fuel we should conserve it a bit so future generations can still have economically viable access to it. :gasp:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney