News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UEFA Euro 2016

Started by Zanza, May 17, 2016, 12:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Ronaldo is like that big dumb kid who was inexplicably the best player on your U11 team so he always wanted to be at the center of everything. Watching his reactions today was hilarious and made the game a lot more enjoyable.  Good for him and I'm genuinely happy he's won a major international trophy. Something Messi will never do :cool:

Also, everyone on TV seems be hating on Portugal for playing defensively and on the counter the whole tournament. These same people lauded Leicester City during their run to the Premier League title, playing a defensive, counterattacking style game. :hmm: TV commentators are really shit aren't they
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Yeah, the Danish commentators agreed that the only thing worth watching in this final post-Ronaldo was sideline-Ronaldo's enthusiasm.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

I didn't consider this possibility.
But portugal win and ronaldo doesn't win?
Actually a pretty agreeable outcome
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Liep on July 10, 2016, 05:00:09 PM
Yeah, the Danish commentators agreed that the only thing worth watching in this final post-Ronaldo was sideline-Ronaldo's enthusiasm.
he was like a big kid. I laughed when he pushed Guerrero pack into the field. For all the bitching people do that he's a selfish player you can see that he really wanted the team to win with or without him
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on July 10, 2016, 04:40:19 PM
Congrats Portugal, I'm glad at least it didn't go to penalties.

:mad:  :hug:
You almost finished the tournament with butt hurt status! (lost it 110' to be precise).

FunkMonk

Also I'm glad Evra didn't win, I really hate that shithead

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2016, 05:06:05 PM

You won't see him anymore. He was the leader of the Knysna bus strike and he's 35.

Liep

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 10, 2016, 05:05:58 PM
Quote from: Maladict on July 10, 2016, 04:40:19 PM
Congrats Portugal, I'm glad at least it didn't go to penalties.

:mad:  :hug:
You almost finished the tournament with butt hurt status! (lost it 110' to be precise).

I lost it when the French fans booed Portugal at kick off. :yes: :frog: :chouriço:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 10, 2016, 05:07:09 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2016, 05:06:05 PM

You won't see him anymore. He was the leader of the Knysna bus strike and he's 35.

Good

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: clandestino on July 10, 2016, 04:44:01 PM
For those that complain about the Portuguese playstyle: yes, I would have prefered to win in 2004, at home, but after that loss I (and I guess most Portuguese) will take them as they came. :)

:yes: Até que enfim! Foi quase em casa : 1 millhão e picos de Portugueses, luso-descendentes, bi-nacionais etc. e perto de Paris e Île-de-France, antigamente terceira cidade de Portugal :)

Zoupa

What a dreadfully boring game.

Congrats Portos! I can't say it's well deserved but might as well win this one since you guys got so many heartbreaking losses over the years.

Liep

So this final will be remembered for the Moth(TM) and Ronaldo finally winning. And Ronaldo hitting the player next to him's thigh instead of his own...

So Ronaldo. Gignac will probably also remember the woodwork for a long time, but for everybody else it's all Ronaldo.

Duque de Bragança

I hope all goes well in the celebration in the Champs-Élysées but i would not bet it. I'm still going there.

PS: Koscielny did not deserve that yellow card; that's a bad referee playing compensation. Now Payet... He started so well the tournament for France but will be remembered for that infamy.

:nerd: Finishing this Panini Euro 2016 album will be easier now. :)

Éder has been the butt of so many jokes in the past years, it's a great revenge for him.

I hope Mono is not too sad, it's a great strike at the status quo. ;)

Duque de Bragança

This just in:
François Hollande's last chance to be reelected just disappeared.
:frog:

Liep

I don't really think Payet's foul was that bad, a free kick could've been called, but his attack on Ronaldo was legitimate even if it was hard, he went for the ball and Ronaldo was slow to protect it.