News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UEFA Euro 2016

Started by Zanza, May 17, 2016, 12:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clandestino

Liep

This outcome was predictable, but it feels much less rubbish than I thought it would. Maybe because the French never really redeemed themselves from the scandal of yester-tournaments. How is Evra still allowed on the national team?

Also, that moth really humanised Ronaldo.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Alcibiades

What kind of football did Portugal play? One of the Irish pundits was upset and said that he doesn't want the European Champions to be Portugal because of the way they play or the style they use?  What do they do that is so upsetting to so many? 
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Agelastus

I can't recall the last European final where I've definitively not wanted either side to win (France because they're France, and Portugal due to Ronaldo's comments after their first match.)

I'm honestly surprised it didn't go to penalties.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Liep

Quote from: Alcibiades on July 10, 2016, 04:36:19 PM
What kind of football did Portugal play? One of the Irish pundits was upset and said that he doesn't want the European Champions to be Portugal because of the way they play or the style they use?  What do they do that is so upsetting to so many? 

They only won one game in regular time in the entire tournament, they have never really been convincing. But they won.

FunkMonk

I am happy for Ronaldo. Heart of a true competitor and a real champion. This should settle the argument that he is the greatest player of this generation, better than that tax fraud and weak-willed Messi.  :nelson:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: Alcibiades on July 10, 2016, 04:36:19 PM
this wasn't a great tournament, and I don't think Portugal was any worse than any other team ( but I may be biased :p ). People just don't like Ronaldo.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

This has been a very poor tournament and it's fitting that Portugal win it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

Congrats Portugal, I'm glad at least it didn't go to penalties.

The Larch

France will have more opportunities to win big tournaments, and this was possibly Portugal's last chance to win one, so I'm kinda happy for them.  :)

clandestino

For those that complain about the Portuguese playstyle: yes, I would have prefered to win in 2004, at home, but after that loss I (and I guess most Portuguese) will take them as they came. :)

Admiral Yi

I completely forgot about overtime.  Doh!  :lol:

Zanza

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2016, 04:38:22 PM
I am happy for Ronaldo. Heart of a true competitor and a real champion. This should settle the argument that he is the greatest player of this generation, better than that tax fraud and weak-willed Messi.  :nelson:
Yes! I an really happy for him