News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UEFA Euro 2016

Started by Zanza, May 17, 2016, 12:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

Germany will lose on penalties to Portugal.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Agelastus

So Germany's fine record with penalty shoot outs trumps their atrocious record against Italy in major tournaments.

It was like two jinxes fighting it out to see which was the stronger. :)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

HVC

Quote from: Liep on July 02, 2016, 04:49:50 PM
:yeah:

Though to keep the weirdness of these games the final will be Iceland and wales
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Brezel

Quote from: Liep on July 02, 2016, 03:51:52 AM
Germany - Italy tonight. I predict that the winner of this game will be Euro Champions.

Quote from: Liep on July 02, 2016, 04:49:50 PM

:hmm:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on July 02, 2016, 03:56:45 PM

Naw, basketball players have a much higher shooting percentage with no defenders than those penalty shots :D

Zanza

Can't remember a penalty shootout with 18 shots... incredible

Josquius

Italys tactics throughout the game were take if to penalties.
Against Germany.
Yup....
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

For the Müller haters...

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

I just can't see the point in those panenka/funny runup type penalties. Keepers almost never fall for it and they produce some pretty hilarious misses.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on July 02, 2016, 10:44:32 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 02, 2016, 10:22:18 AMGiroud and Müller are far worse

We'll probably never agree on that, but we don't have to. Ronaldo is far better than either of those (this we can agree on I think) so of course he's going to draw more objection when he's behaving like a douche.

As for Pepe, he's just out-of-this-world-dickish.

I agree that now you move the goalposts (pun intended) since you only make arguments by assertion about Pepe whose defensive work in this Euro has been very good. Maybe you should really watch the games of this Euro, as in paying attention, instead of relying on tabloid accounts/fanboy perception and/or (old) Real Madrid games.

Btw, butt hurt brigade: did Germany win Saturday game or not?  :P Remember, 1-1 at the end of 90 minutes.  :lol:

[spoiler]I say they won[/spoiler]

Liep

Pepe has been a solid defender this Euro, sure. But he's in the same league as muller I'd say, perhaps a bit more useful for his team, but the difference is not at all as significant as with Ronaldo . He's also more dickish. Muller might look like more of an idiot when he's being a dick though, I'll give you that.

Duque de Bragança

Not really, Müller has been a disappointment (except for being a dick) for his team so far in this tournament so no comparison. But then Pepe and him do not play in the same position.
We're making some progress though. ;)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on July 02, 2016, 10:50:40 AM
Never got why people hate Müller. He seems not do anything extraordinary for a football player...

Damning with faint praise or a pretty damning statement if one follows other sports.  :P