Which school would you rather attend? Hogwarts or Xavier's School for the Gifted

Started by jimmy olsen, May 12, 2016, 02:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which school would you rather attend?

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
8 (34.8%)
Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 15, 2016, 07:33:10 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 14, 2016, 08:24:04 AM
Xavier's school for me, BTW.  No contest.

Because...?

Not a fan of "magic" or "wizards" and suchlike.  Y'all turbonerds can have your LARP sourcebooks.  I grew up on Scott Summers and Logan kicking ass and taking names with some backup. :P
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

I was going to check seedys Sig but he changed it.  :o Anyway, anime remains the nerdiest form of art.

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 15, 2016, 09:34:07 PM
I was going to check seedys Sig but he changed it.  :o Anyway, anime remains the nerdiest form of art.

I tend to agree that anime is a form of art.  Most people will consider paintings as a form of art.  Anime is just lots of paintings shown in rapid succession. 

As to whether it is the nerdiest, I actually think anime is more accessible than others.  I know next to nothing about paintings and sculpture.  I walk into a famous museum, look at the famous paintings and I think, oh this is supposed to be a really good painting.  But I have no idea why, because I don't know the history, context, the technique etc.  On the other hand, it is a easier for a layman to appreciate a story in anime form, as no prior knowledge is needed. 

LaCroix

nerdy in the sense that, usually, only weird internet types watch anime. discussing anime IRL is a sure way to lose all integrity and become known as "that guy" in a typical american social circle. from what I've seen, responsible internet anime fan groups encourage their members to hide their interest in anime for this very reason

celedhring

Damn, I just noticed. When did Seedy change his sig?  :o

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on May 16, 2016, 04:27:17 AM

Damn, I just noticed. When did Seedy change his sig?  :o

I guess I should have said I did check it.   :sleep: