Which school would you rather attend? Hogwarts or Xavier's School for the Gifted

Started by jimmy olsen, May 12, 2016, 02:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which school would you rather attend?

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
8 (34.8%)
Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 12, 2016, 05:40:03 PM
I'd go with Potter world.

Both universes would be a boondoggle for lawyers, in terms of new regulatory issues, insurance claims, and damages claims of all kinds.  However, Marvel characters have a bad habit of messing up NYC; Voldemort and his cronies are usually content to stay in London.

Presumably there are wizards in America as well. We just don't hear about their crazy going ons since the books are set in the UK.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

The new Potterverse franchise is set in Prohibition's America. It might even the score.

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

11Bravo would've attended the School of the Captain Americas, where superheroes learned how to support right-wing governments in Latin America.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2016, 12:20:13 PM
Is the hottie factor really as one sided as y'all are making it out to be?

The availability of females is never a consideration for me, since I won't get any anyway. 

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 12, 2016, 07:14:30 PM
11Bravo would've attended the School of the Captain Americas, where superheroes learned how to support right-wing governments in Latin America.

Now called, Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on May 12, 2016, 07:55:18 PM
The availability of females is never a consideration for me, since I won't get any anyway.

Where's your inner Daoist Mono?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 12, 2016, 08:13:36 PM
Now called, Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation.

Guess all those Global War on teh Evildoers Terror vets can no longer pronounce "junta", what with it not being Arabic and all.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Camerus

Well, Hogwarts has a long, venerable and mostly peaceful history, whereas my sense about the X-Men academy is that forever erupting in violence. So I think I would choose the calm (if somewhat staid) and quintessentially English world of Hogwarts over the dystopian horror of X-Men.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2016, 08:29:51 PM
A real school, not some nerd fantasy place.

A school where you aren't ashamed of the football team.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

I have decided on Hogwarts out of the two choices after reading this thread.  Seems safer, and there are office jobs available after graduation. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on May 12, 2016, 07:55:18 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2016, 12:20:13 PM
Is the hottie factor really as one sided as y'all are making it out to be?

But you did get one didn't you? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."