1 (10%)
Raymond Spruance and David Beatty
0 (0%)
Raymond Spruance and John Jellicoe
9 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 10

mongers

Quote from: Gups on May 12, 2016, 12:29:15 PM
Anyone know what's happened to NAM Rodger's third volume of the history of the British Navy. The second volume is one of my favourite history books but he seems to have gone AWOL/GRRM on us

He included an analysis of the Falkland's campaign, so he's been chilcotised by some ex-ministers in that Tory cabinet.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Anyone know what's happened to NAM Rodger's third volume of the history of the British Navy. The second volume is one of my favourite history books but he seems to have gone AWOL/GRRM on us

Due out the end of September of this year.  I think it was delayed because he combined the third and fourth planned volumes (they were to be split at 1945, but the new third volume goes to 2002).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

De Ruyter, of course.  :cool:
And Tromp, his ships won so much they got tired of winning.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on May 12, 2016, 01:16:43 PM

Due out the end of September of this year.  I think it was delayed because he combined the third and fourth planned volumes (they were to be split at 1945, but the new third volume goes to 2002).
This is new information to me.  I guess I'll add that to my annual autumn warship book purchase.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"