Teenager Discovers Mayan City While He Remains in Quebec

Started by Jacob, May 10, 2016, 11:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: PDH on May 11, 2016, 01:13:45 PM
Maybe the re-figured their constellations after making their cities :)

Italo Calvino wrote a book in which somethi9ng like that happened: http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Cities-Italo-Calvino/dp/0156453800
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

HVC

So it turns out the kid mostly likely found a pot grow op :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PDH

Quote from: Malthus on May 11, 2016, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: PDH on May 11, 2016, 01:13:45 PM
Maybe the re-figured their constellations after making their cities :)

Italo Calvino wrote a book in which somethi9ng like that happened: http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Cities-Italo-Calvino/dp/0156453800

I was only half joking.  Why do the constellations have to be the shapes they are?  Because we say so.  Is it nature, is it nurture?  Let's have the dumbasses fight over that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on May 11, 2016, 10:10:41 PM

Is the theory now that pot grow ops are planted in accordance with the Mayan constellations?  :hmm: Makes just as much sense.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on May 12, 2016, 08:00:08 AM

Is the theory now that pot grow ops are planted in accordance with the Mayan constellations?  :hmm: Makes just as much sense.  :D

Now your jealousy of lad is really showing.   :rolleyes:

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on May 12, 2016, 08:04:53 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 12, 2016, 08:00:08 AM

How your jealous of lad is really showing.   :rolleyes:

:P

Naw, just my anger - that he failed to mention the obvious solution as to how the Mayans knew where to plant their cities: ancient aliens.  :)

Caliga

Malthus isn't saying it's aliens but... it's aliens.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points