News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pulling teeth

Started by Phillip V, July 01, 2009, 02:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

PDH

The best way to avoid the problem with baby teeth is to never have children.  That was my plan.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ancient Demon

I don't get it. I thought baby teeth just fell out after a time.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

KRonn

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 01, 2009, 02:45:56 AM
Back in my day, we tied one end of a string around the tooth, another around a Confederate infantryman, and told Gen. Pickett to take Cemetery Ridge.
I would have thought that the faster moving Cavalry troops would be best suited for the pulling of teeth...also not as likely the horses would become bogged down by a stubborn tooth.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: KRonn on July 01, 2009, 08:28:19 AM
Back in my day, we tied one end of a string around the tooth, another around a Confederate infantryman, and told Gen. Pickett to take Cemetery Ridge.
I would have thought that the faster moving Cavalry troops would be best suited for the pulling of teeth...also not as likely the horses would become bogged down by a stubborn tooth.
The Cavalry might have been TOO fast if you know what I mean.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on July 01, 2009, 03:11:17 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 01, 2009, 02:15:00 AM
My mother painfully pulled out my older siblings' baby teeth for them, but she let me do my own. My half-assed scaredy-cat efforts left me with a deformed smile that led to expensive braces.

What teeth-pulling methods did you use/suffer?

Seriously, this sort of thing should be reserved for professionals.  Every single one of my baby teeth was pulled that way.  The only situation where pulling out your own teeth is acceptable is when you are cast away alone on an island somewhere in the Pacific.
WTF? Talk about getting ripped off, I'm stunned you'd advocate paying for something that will happen on it's own. You don't need a dentist or your mother to pull them out, they'll fall out on their own.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Sometimes they need a final yank.  However, that's not going to cause crooked teeth no matter how you do it, that's just a myth.

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2009, 09:13:24 AM
My mother painfully pulled out my older siblings' baby teeth for them, but she let me do my own. My half-assed scaredy-cat efforts left me with a deformed smile that led to expensive braces.

Seriously, this sort of thing should be reserved for professionals.  Every single one of my baby teeth was pulled that way.  The only situation where pulling out your own teeth is acceptable is when you are cast away alone on an island somewhere in the Pacific.
WTF? Talk about getting ripped off, I'm stunned you'd advocate paying for something that will happen on it's own. You don't need a dentist or your mother to pull them out, they'll fall out on their own.
I needed one pulled.  It got in the way.  I had a friend growing up who couldn't afford dentists, for awhile he had like a double row of teeth because the baby teeth blocked the adult ones coming in, so they popped up behind or in front of them.  Kinda freaky.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 01, 2009, 11:30:18 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2009, 09:13:24 AM

I needed one pulled.  It got in the way.  I had a friend growing up who couldn't afford dentists, for awhile he had like a double row of teeth because the baby teeth blocked the adult ones coming in, so they popped up behind or in front of them.  Kinda freaky.
Shark boy?

Obviously in an abnormal situation like that you need some professional assistance, but normally you don't.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

BuddhaRhubarb

:lol:
:p

Malthus

My wife is a medical oddity in that many of her baby teeth never fell out and there was no "adult" teeth underneath them.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Malthus on July 01, 2009, 11:45:49 AM
My wife is a medical oddity in that many of her baby teeth never fell out and there was no "adult" teeth underneath them.
Ick. That must suck.
PDH!

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on July 01, 2009, 11:45:49 AM
You mean baby-baby teeth or childhood teeth?
The former would really be weird...
I think I have a bit of the latter though, or at least I've never lost some of my teeth
██████
██████
██████