News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Those are pretty impressive pics. My cities look like back water venues by comparison.   :huh:

Valmy

What is up with all the giant trucks?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 03:42:31 PM
What is up with all the giant trucks?

You ever heard of Monster Trucks? :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Winter update is out with lots of balance, quality of life and AI changes. Also, two DLCs: Poland + scenario, and Vikings scenario with some new natural wonders and city-states for the base game. Right now, Poland seems to be massively overpowered with ability to steal land and an excellent UU.

https://civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-winter-2016-update-now-live

mongers

Quote from: Solmyr on December 21, 2016, 09:01:04 AM
Winter update is out with lots of balance, quality of life and AI changes. Also, two DLCs: Poland + scenario, and Vikings scenario with some new natural wonders and city-states for the base game. Right now, Poland seems to be massively overpowered with ability to steal land and an excellent UU.

https://civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-winter-2016-update-now-live

So rather like the modern day place.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Where are the quality of life changes?  Doesn't sound like there is much in the way of that, and still no ledger.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

So they dropped the Civilization aspect from Civilization?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on October 24, 2016, 02:10:39 AM
Stumbling through my first campaign as Gorgo (random pick).

Hoplites are surprisingly weak against Brussels' warriors and Spearmen. :unsure: I also picked up Hannibal Barca as General, but was surprised he didn't buff my units. Turns out Hoplites are Ancient, not Classical Era, and he only buffs Classical and Medieval. <_<

Outrageous!  :mad: :mad: :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on February 21, 2017, 03:48:45 PM
The Aborigines would have been a very interesting addition. English Australia is meh.

Did they ever build an AI into the game?

Josquius

The game must have sold well in Australia.

I still haven't got this.  Waiting for a sale.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on February 22, 2017, 12:12:27 AM
The Aborigines would have been a very interesting addition. English Australia is meh.

Not really.  Well unless by AI you mean going from friends to attacking by surprise for no apparent reason.

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 22, 2017, 09:40:26 AM

Not really.  Well unless by AI you mean going from friends to attacking by surprise for no apparent reason.

There are plenty of issues with the lack of challenge posed by the AI, but this particular issue I never understood. If you have an AI that supposed to play to win, than "friendship" is temporary, and if they see an angle to backstab you, they should take it.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 22, 2017, 11:05:20 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 22, 2017, 09:40:26 AM

There are plenty of issues with the lack of challenge posed by the AI, but this particular issue I never understood. If you have an AI that supposed to play to win, than "friendship" is temporary, and if they see an angle to backstab you, they should take it.

At the same time, it completely defeats purpose of having any diplomatic actions. Why try to partner up with any Civ if in a few turns it'll turn on you? Not worth the time and resource investment.