And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on November 02, 2016, 01:08:39 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 02, 2016, 12:40:06 PM
Ed Beach has a hard-on for her. End of story.

I have to admit I get a chuckle out of comments like this since I actually know Ed and am acquainted with his family.

Pass my regards to him. He did a wonderful job on the game and I am perfectly happy with his leader choices, including Catherine.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on November 02, 2016, 01:17:45 PM

I have to admit I get a chuckle out of comments like this since I actually know Ed and am acquainted with his family.

Pass my regards to him. He did a wonderful job on the game and I am perfectly happy with his leader choices, including Catherine.

Happy to do so.

His wife is going to be bummed to hear about him and Catherine though... :P
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2016, 12:17:58 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 12:10:00 PM
I don't know, wouldn't think either of them are particularly famous.  And if Catherine is famous, it's more like Louis XVI kind of fame.

Catherine definitely has more cachet, I would think. Though I guess that's not the right word as the Black Queen isn't generally viewed in a positive light.

:console:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on November 02, 2016, 01:19:45 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 02, 2016, 01:17:45 PM

Happy to do so.

His wife is going to be bummed to hear about him and Catherine though... :P

Am just sayin' what I heard.  :sleep:

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on November 02, 2016, 01:23:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2016, 12:17:58 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 12:10:00 PM
I don't know, wouldn't think either of them are particularly famous.  And if Catherine is famous, it's more like Louis XVI kind of fame.

Catherine definitely has more cachet, I would think. Though I guess that's not the right word as the Black Queen isn't generally viewed in a positive light.

:console:

That's African-American Queen to you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on November 02, 2016, 01:05:15 PM
Let's be positive - at least they didn't pick Marie Antoinette. :)

But that's the logical ending point of the "cachet" theory.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 10:51:48 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on November 02, 2016, 05:48:45 AM
I still have to adjust to when people talk about Catherine, they now mean France and not Russia. :unsure:

Wait Catherine as in Catherine de'Medici?  Is she the French civ leader?  Whose idea was that?

Some Italians.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 03:01:41 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 02, 2016, 01:05:15 PM
Let's be positive - at least they didn't pick Marie Antoinette. :)

But that's the logical ending point of the "cachet" theory.

My statement wasn't that the most know person ever for a particular nation should win out.  Just lesser known Blanche didn't seem to be more relevant. I'm not even sure what themed abilities one would want to give Blanche.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I like their idea of having interesting personalities as leaders.

The Brain

How about animals as leaders?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

A civet was floated as an early leader but met with player base opposition.

garbon

After stomping out Japan (3 more cities to add to my already 8 city strong empire), Scythia unveiled musketmen in the year 800 AD. -_-

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2016, 03:39:46 PM
My statement wasn't that the most know person ever for a particular nation should win out.  Just lesser known Blanche didn't seem to be more relevant. I'm not even sure what themed abilities one would want to give Blanche.

The French economy did well under her stewardship, she kept down unrest and rallied support for the Crown.
I'm not sure what Catherine's abilities would be other then stoking civil wars and having sons die young.  Intrigue I guess.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson