Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Solmyr on October 06, 2016, 09:06:51 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 06, 2016, 08:24:07 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2016, 06:37:47 AM

So yeah, spend your early years peacefully minding your own business and ignoring the whole religion thing other civs are talking about - then found yours as the latecomer to the party and go on a jihad. :P

Considering the political climate in gaming nowadays, I'm kinda in shock there hasn't yet been a "ZOMG CIV 6 IS RACIST" movement started.  :P

There's nothing racist about Civ 6, Arabia simply gets a guaranteed last religion like they did historically. If someone equates this to jihad, that's their own projection. :P

Though...if they have the Mamluk going around that same time, it looks like that unit is made for blitzing through enemies.  :P

Martinus

I bet when Saladin's Mamluks tear through Solmyr's Mother Russia, Solmyr will blame appropriation of Arabia's culture through his caravans.

Josquius

- Unique Ability: Mother Russia. Russian cities get 8 extra tiles when first founded, and get extra production and faith from Tundra tiles.
Wonder if this means civ 6 when generating maps will include some biasing to ensure nations get appropriate terrain where possible.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on October 07, 2016, 10:42:26 AM

- Unique Ability: Mother Russia. Russian cities get 8 extra tiles when first founded, and get extra production and faith from Tundra tiles.
Wonder if this means civ 6 when generating maps will include some biasing to ensure nations get appropriate terrain where possible.

Definitely. It was already present in Civ 5 (and I think Civ 4).

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Syt

Gorgo Greece video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syS-SFtr-44

Wasn't it Civ 2 that had multiple leaders for civilizations, too?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on October 12, 2016, 01:43:41 PM

Wasn't it Civ 2 that had multiple leaders for civilizations, too?

Yep at least 2 and 4 did. I think 2 was about always having a male and female option.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I liked what they did with Greece, and it opens up for more leaders in DLCs.

Also, it seems that different leaders get different capitals, and the devs confirmed that you can get both leaders in the same game.

So this opens ground for Bismarck with a capital in Berlin vs. Frederick in Aachen, or Lenin with Moscow vs. Peter in St. Petersburg etc.

Solmyr

Valmy

I like no longer being able to see the comments. I just forget such a thing on Youtube exists.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on October 13, 2016, 04:13:28 AM

That comment section tho. :huh:

Without checking those out - is it because people are asking for a second leader for Germany? :P

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2016, 03:00:02 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on October 13, 2016, 04:13:28 AM

That comment section tho. :huh:

Without checking those out - is it because people are asking for a second leader for Germany? :P

I'm guessing more like, "A WOMAN!!!" "FUCK PC" "FUCK SJW" "STOP PUSHING YOUR AGENDAS!!!" etc etc etc
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

Syt

It's my default assumption about gaming outrage these days.  :P
—Stephen Jay Gould