News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[CIV] Do you ever move your first settler?

Started by Pedrito, April 18, 2016, 05:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

...so?

Yes
36 (92.3%)
No
3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

PDH

Yeah, I wasn't really clear.  I move the warrior, and if there is a wonderful spot I will wait up to one turn.  If there is a better spot 1/2 move points away I will do this.  If there is nothing that much better then I settle there and make it the best I can.

The fact that losing out initial races such as the faith race hurts a player in Civ5 with all the DLCs.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

We should probably never move it. It is less important on the lesser difficulties.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jaron

I'll move around a little bit. If I don't have a good starting spot I'll usually restart my game. Scouting for a new starting spot for my first city is usually too time consuming and risky.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Maximus

Quote from: Jaron on April 20, 2016, 10:40:46 PM
I'll move around a little bit. If I don't have a good starting spot I'll usually restart my game. Scouting for a new starting spot for my first city is usually too time consuming and risky.
:rolleyes: Ok, Tim

Eddie Teach

I like to keep restarting until I get 2 food + 2 gold. Or 3-4 gems.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Pedrito on April 18, 2016, 05:16:08 PM
Not really a "fresh" question, but recently I started a couple games of CIVV and was interested in your opinion.

L.
Yes, a few squares if I can see a better spot.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Norgy

On higher difficulty, any time wasted is a death sentence with regards to tech and culture.

I have another question; what founder belief do you pick when you form a pantheon?
With some qualification, I mostly pick Messenger of the gods for the extra science.
I may also pick the one with 15 % bonus when building wonders.

And what are your most disliked AI opponents?
For me it's Egypt, Germany and Persia.

mongers

Norgy, good thread question; but now I want to play the game.  :mad:

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Pedrito

I usually choose to play Egypt or Rome, so my most hated opponents are usually Germany, Montezuma and Songhai.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Norgy

Egypt has that complete wonders 15 % more quickly bonus. So they win in the race for The Great Library.
Persia has the prolonged golden age thingie, which gives them an early game bonus and one that they may enjoy later.
Germany has the convert barbarians into your troops thing, which makes them fairly formidable early on.

The Shoshone are also a tough bunch to beat. The Danes and the English are the easist to trample.

mongers

So fired it up on and am now playing as the Celts, not the best of starts, but I think I'm on a relatively benign continent because I only have the Babylonians, Ottomans and Russians for company, I'm right aren't I? :unsure:

PDH

As long as there are trees to hug the Celts are okey-dokey.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on May 08, 2016, 04:26:37 PM
As long as there are trees to hug the Celts are okey-dokey.

Closer to my heart, also.

:D