News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[CIV] Do you ever move your first settler?

Started by Pedrito, April 18, 2016, 05:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

...so?

Yes
36 (92.3%)
No
3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Pedrito

Not really a "fresh" question, but recently I started a couple games of CIVV and was interested in your opinion.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Eddie Teach

I don't play civ v, but in previous editions it was often beneficial.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Sometimes, if there is an obvious ideal space nearby.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Yes, but only to move the Settler close to Ocean tiles to gain maritime access.

celedhring

Yes, if I can see an obvious better spot so I don't waste many turns moving aimlessly.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

schaksen

Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

KRonn

I'll first move the warrior to see a few more squares of land, and move my settler a square or so if it's a better starting point, but usually that doesn't make much difference since settlers usually begin in a space surrounded by resources. So I usually try to get my first city going in the first turn.

Zanza

I always move my warrior first to see a few more squares and then decide whether I want to move the settler. Mainly for river/ocean access or if there is a visible high yield food resource (flood plains or grain on grasslands or so).

PDH

Yeah, like Zanza said I do whatever scouting I can that initial turn.

The problem with waiting more than 1 extra turn with the higher levels is that you can fall behind almost immediately in the faith fight and miss out on a religion if you are not careful.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Norgy