News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Standoff in Afghan ghost town

Started by citizen k, July 01, 2009, 01:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I am hopeful about the latest push of Americans into the South.  Canadian Commanders have been saying for years that more forces in the area would make all the difference.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 02, 2009, 05:12:37 PM
I am hopeful about the latest push of Americans into the South.  Canadian Commanders have been saying for years that more forces in the area would make all the difference.
We all hope and pray that Lettow will be apprehended one day soon.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: Phillip V on July 02, 2009, 04:55:41 PM
"walked off"?

Yeah....going off by one's self (and I am purposely not including the Afghans) at a combat outpost seems a little..."off".

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 02, 2009, 05:13:58 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 02, 2009, 05:12:37 PM
We all hope and pray that Lettow will be apprehended one day soon.
I hear there will be a general amnesty for the rebels.  :(  Hell, for all we know he is already making his way to South Africa to form the nucleus of the Draka.
PDH!

Phillip V

According to my calculations, I shall go over there and spread America to the Middle East by Q3 2011 (Q4 2010 if lucky). :hug:

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on July 02, 2009, 05:32:47 PM
According to my calculations, I shall go over there and spread America to the Middle East by Q3 2011 (Q4 2010 if lucky). :hug:

We really don't need to hear about your sex tourism.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

garbon

Sorry, but I don't click on unsolicited youtube links.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

I thought he was doing 150 years.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 02, 2009, 05:10:23 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 01, 2009, 09:55:19 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on July 01, 2009, 09:49:07 PM
Yes, because my appreciation for a low death toll and not having to be there myself killing johnny foreigner who I have no quarrel with is so riotously offensive, yes?
It's not for you to decide who you have a quarrel with.
Since the SOuth lost the war it certainly isn't.
Even if the Confederates had won the Civil War, he still wouldn't be allowed to make his own decisions.  That's what leadership is for.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on July 02, 2009, 06:07:30 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 02, 2009, 05:10:23 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 01, 2009, 09:55:19 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on July 01, 2009, 09:49:07 PM
Yes, because my appreciation for a low death toll and not having to be there myself killing johnny foreigner who I have no quarrel with is so riotously offensive, yes?
It's not for you to decide who you have a quarrel with.
Since the SOuth lost the war it certainly isn't.
Even if the Confederates had won the Civil War, he still wouldn't be allowed to make his own decisions.  That's what leadership is for.
It was unlikely that he would have been part of the elite rulling class.  But we can't be sure.  Its entirely possible that his great great grandfather was a Southern aristocrat, thus ensuring Lettow would Meow great influence in the South of today, had the war gone differently.  And the crippling social and economic crisis' that would have reduced the COnfederacy to a 3rd world nation.  Or nations.  Texas would probably have broken off again, as is their want.
PDH!

Lettow77

No Southern Aristocrats here. Huguenot middle class and irish sharecroppers.

Edit: it is a curious notion that, the confederacy having proven secession viable, the South or the remainder of yankeeland would have proceeded to fall apart. To be sure if anyone in the CSA seceded it would be the Texans, but people who make these claims ignore the galvanising experience of the war. The Southern identity came out of the war far stronger than it was going in, and the American identity did as well.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 02, 2009, 08:10:55 PM
And thus your ability to choose your quarrels is non-existant, even in your alternate universe.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

The Southern Identity would have successfully propped up a nation that would undergo incredible shocks, as the large percentage of its population  transitioned from property to freedmen, peacefully or otherwise.   
Quote from: Lettow77 on July 02, 2009, 08:10:55 PM

Edit: it is a curious notion that, the confederacy having proven secession viable, the South or the remainder of yankeeland would have proceeded to fall apart. To be sure if anyone in the CSA seceded it would be the Texans, but people who make these claims ignore the galvanising experience of the war. The Southern identity came out of the war far stronger than it was going in, and the American identity did as well.
PDH!