Italian Court Rules Stealing Food Is Not a Crime if You're Hungry

Started by jimmy olsen, May 03, 2016, 11:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 12:10:43 AM
Crazy! What's next? Being able to shoot people in self defense?
In Italy it's not legal to kill someone in self defense  :sleep:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 04, 2016, 12:32:08 AM
So how's this principle supposed to be carried out?  People steal food, get arrested, then they have to convince a judge they were starving?  Maybe like a simple blood sugar test?
Simple test, actually.
We can count your ribs from a distance: not guilty.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

In Sweden you get longer prison sentences if you're unemployed. Justice is blind, but sometimes it takes a wee peek.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 06:35:17 AM
In Poland "self liberation" is a crime punishable by a maximum sentence of 2 years of imprisonment (that's on top of any crime you may commit while escaping). I guess I can see why AfD thinks Germany's criminal law is too lenient.
I am not aware that they think it is too lenient in its punishments. The only thing I am aware of is they think it should also apply to younger youth and that adolescents should be tried as adults. Where do you get the idea th hat the AfD is against this law?
And anyway they would hardly orient themselves at a Polish law.

derspiess

I haven't had lunch yet.  I guess I'll head down to Bella Luna and clean out their kitchen.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall