Who are the counter-culture musicians/singers of now?

Started by Martinus, April 23, 2016, 06:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Siege

Quote from: Martinus on April 23, 2016, 06:14:48 AM
It may be a sign of me growing old, but when someone asked this question recently, I could not name any. I am looking here for the likes of Marylin Manson, Kurt Cobain or Mick Jagger in their respective heyday and not pop startlets like Miley Cyrus, of course. Who fulfils that role for today's youths?

There isn't any counter culture because the Left won the cultural war long ago, becoming the establishment and censuring everything with political correctness, and in the cultural field there is not rebellion, outside of writing, because conservatives do not get culture, nor do they invest their time in it.

Liberal people by nature drift towards culture. Conservatives drift toward other sectors of the economy.

The thing is culture and education are the single most powerful forces shaping society.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on April 26, 2016, 03:16:11 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 23, 2016, 06:14:48 AM
It may be a sign of me growing old, but when someone asked this question recently, I could not name any. I am looking here for the likes of Marylin Manson, Kurt Cobain or Mick Jagger in their respective heyday and not pop startlets like Miley Cyrus, of course. Who fulfils that role for today's youths?

There isn't any counter culture because the Left won the cultural war long ago, becoming the establishment and censuring everything with political correctness, and in the cultural field there is not rebellion, outside of writing, because conservatives do not get culture, nor do they invest their time in it.

Liberal people by nature drift towards culture. Conservatives drift toward other sectors of the economy.

The thing is culture and education are the single most powerful forces shaping society.

See, you get him started.  Now he doesn't know what he's talking about and God knows, nobody else does.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017