Black women's book club settles lawsuit with California wine train company

Started by garbon, April 19, 2016, 03:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

If you had told me 10 years ago that Martinus would have become a Polish derspiess, I probably would have laughed in your face.

But lo and behold...
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2016, 08:25:05 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2016, 08:14:04 AM
I feel bad for the two women who lost their jobs because their company cyber-stalks them.

I don't know. Posting on social media is an act done in public. If it was easy enough to link their comments to the incident in question then they deserve what they allegedly got.

And people say I am paranoid about social media.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on April 19, 2016, 11:17:01 AM
Suing a vintage train company.
This angers me.

I think you misunderstand. The train cars themselves are vintage, not the company (whose website says they have been in existence for 25 years). It is essentially a booze cruise that lets passengers train to different wineries rather than drinking and driving.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2016, 11:39:13 AMIt is essentially a booze cruise that lets passengers train to different wineries rather than drinking and driving.

Which makes people complaining about loud passengers even more strange.  :P

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on April 19, 2016, 11:54:14 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2016, 11:39:13 AMIt is essentially a booze cruise that lets passengers train to different wineries rather than drinking and driving.

Wine events are generally polite, quiet, and restrained.  In that sense I don't think the booze cruise analogy fits.  I can imagine a group of loud women being disruptive to the whole vibe.   
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 19, 2016, 11:59:10 AM

Wine events are generally polite, quiet, and restrained.  In that sense I don't think the booze cruise analogy fits.  I can imagine a group of loud women being disruptive to the whole vibe.   

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2016, 08:14:04 AM
I feel bad for the two women who lost their jobs because their company cyber-stalks them.

If your company is big enough, it is keeping tabs on your social media accounts.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2016, 12:04:08 PM

:hmm:

The non-gay ones, anyway.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

A wine tasting? Sure because you do not actually consume the wine. But a winery tour train sounds like it would get pretty boisterous as it went along.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Which means these women had to be really annoying to be a distraction to the other guests... Or they were black lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Incidentally, I wonder if there is any research on different ethnic/cultural groups in the West and how they compare in terms of respecting personal space, how loud they talk/behave etc.

derspiess

Maybe the wine events you guys have attended have been the raucous ones and somehow I avoided that on mine (which btw have included tastings, festivals, and yes tours).  I guess I've just been really lucky.

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on April 19, 2016, 12:45:13 PM
Maybe the wine events you guys have attended have been the raucous ones and somehow I avoided that on mine (which btw have included tastings, festivals, and yes tours).  I guess I've just been really lucky.

That's because you only go to racist events where people are generally polite. :P

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 19, 2016, 12:45:13 PM

My friends are just not as boring as yours :P

But I don't attend booze events, nor would I unless there was something nerdy about them (like a 900 year old winery or something). I have just seen what wine tends to do at parties.

crazy canuck

You have very different wine tour experiences from mine.  Normally by the end of the day people are in a pretty good mood and the exact opposite of quiet and restrained.  Sampling a lot of wines throughout the day seems to have that effect on people.